Windows 10: Replacing Main C: Drive

Discus and support Replacing Main C: Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm replacing my C: bootup hard drive with an SSD. Can I speed up the process by installing Windows on the SSD and still have the license valid on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LarryBreit, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Replacing Main C: Drive

I'm replacing my C: bootup hard drive with an SSD. Can I speed up the process by installing Windows on the SSD and still have the license valid on the hard drive?

:)

LarryBreit, Nov 28, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Ill Gates Win User

Replacing Main C: Drive

Is there a good step by step for replacing a C drive?

I know updating to a new C drive is covered a lot here, but I've yet to see a step by step guide as to how to do it. I know I'd be getting s program like Macrium, cloning the old drive and then installing the new one, but does anyone know of a step by step
    that has been proven to work. I'm on Win 10 going from a 120gb C drive to a Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD.

Please let me know ...thanks

Ill Gates, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Replacing Main C: Drive

1. Replacing Main C: Drive - Similar Threads - Replacing Main Drive

2. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  3. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  4. Need advice on replacing C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need advice on replacing C Drive: My PC has two drives a C (240GB) and D (2TB). I tried to set up the PC so that the C drive only contained Windows and applications and the D Drive only contained data. I obviously did not configure this correctly as my C Drive is reporting 3.15 GB Free of 237GB. I had a WD...
  5. Unfamiliar icon on main drive (C)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unfamiliar icon on main drive (C): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zurn0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1lycm/unfamiliar_icon_on_main_drive_c/
  6. is it ok to delete the the C: drive and move to D: drive as the main one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it ok to delete the the C: drive and move to D: drive as the main one?: im not the best at these kinda stuff. i dual booted 2 windows 10 operating systems. the C: drive contains a 32-bit Windows 10 version, and the D: drive contains a 64-bit Windows version. ive been using the 64-bit version a lot now and its been a while since i use the 32-bit...
  7. Changing Main drive letter from C to A risks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Main drive letter from C to A risks: Hello, I’d like to change the main boot/ windows/ mostly everything drive letter from “C” to “A” mainly for aesthetic purposes. When trying to change via disk management it warns me that “Some programs that rely on drive letters might not run properly”, I’ve read online...
  8. Using MR to replace C Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using MR to replace C Drive: Will MR replace the c: drive from an image or do I have to replace all partitions? I'd like to just replace c: from the usb. 128033
  9. Replace C drive with larger 1.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace C drive with larger 1.: My computer is a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9010 that came with the 118GB HdD C-drive that fills up fast when working with graphics. I did a disk image with Macrium ReflectDL, which is stored on (D). What is best way to get the image on (storage D)? Both reside in the same bay...
  10. Replace present C drive with larger 2 Tb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace present C drive with larger 2 Tb drive: My C drive is only 118 Gb. with 23.8 Gb free space. I have a 2 Tb. external Hard drive that I would like to make my C drive with Macrium Reflect image back-up on the 2Tb disk. Should I proceed with putting the 2 Tb Hd in the place of my existing C drive & boot with the boot...