Windows 10: REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Discus and support REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello and thank you in advance. I have a laptop that works fine, other than it cuts off randomly for no reason. A repair tech said it was a glitch in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KeithWilson1, Jan 2, 2020.

1. REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Hello and thank you in advance. I have a laptop that works fine, other than it cuts off randomly for no reason. A repair tech said it was a glitch in the motherboard. That being said I want to replace the motherboard but I'm concerned about getting my Windows 10 to be recognized by the new motherboard. Can anyone kindly tell me how I would get Windows 10 on the new motherboard without having to purchase another version which I think would be totally unfair. Thanks again in advance for any help

:)

KeithWilson1, Jan 2, 2020
  2. ryanismo Win User

E52 Replacement Motherboard (0573916)

I had my motherboard replaced by NOKIA because it would not turn on (vibrates only). When I got my "refurbished" E52 (Product code: 0573916) from the NOKIA Care Center, I could not adjust the display brightness. It had the firmware version 033.002 so I
    flashed it and upgraded to 034.001 thinking that it would solve the problem. The NOKIA Care personnel told me that it's a common issue for replacement motherboards and there's nothing they (or we) could do about it. It was NOKIA who gave them the replacement
    motherboard. This is my worst case with NOKIA, so far...

ryanismo, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 2, 2020
  4. REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Motherboard Replacement

My motherboard that I've been using for the last two years in a PC I built myself has recently developed a fault, and as it is still under warranty I'm trying to get a replacement. If I can get one (and I'm not sure) I'm wondering whether I will have to
    buy my Windows Product key again as to the best of my knowledge the OS is linked to the motherboard so replacing the motherboard will get rid of my copy of Windows.

I bought the product key on the Windows store online (It was Windows 8.1 Student Pro at the time but now upgraded to 10) so is there some way I can explain to Microsoft that I'm replacing a faulty Motherboard not upgrading my system so I don't have to purchase
    the same product again?

Sorry if I've misunderstood, it's been a while since I installed the OS and I can't quite remember how it all worked but I'd really like to not have to purchase Windows again if I am able to get a replacement Mobo.

TobyRoberts, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

1. REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard - Similar Threads - REplacing motherboard refurbished

2. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  3. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  4. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. replacing motherboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  6. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  7. replacing motherboard

8. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  9. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...