Windows 10: Replacing motherboard?

Discus and support Replacing motherboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I probably missed seeing this in other threads. But here goes anyway. This particular word station is Windows 10 Pro upgraded from 8.1 Pro, I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clintlgm, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Replacing motherboard?

I probably missed seeing this in other threads. But here goes anyway. This particular word station is Windows 10 Pro upgraded from 8.1 Pro, I have not upgraded to the AU Upgrade. I have proprietary that I just haven't had time to see how it will work we don't expect an upgrade on that until Spring so that's that.

The mother board crashed over the weekend I'm replacing with a similar Motherboard Old Asus Z97 Pro-Gamer new Asus Z97 A/USB3.1, very similar.

All hardware going back in, is he same CPU RAM VIDEO Card The only thing changing is he MB

My plan is to hook it up and see what happens? I have done the same with windows XP and 7 I expect it to go well? I have Images backed up with MR if I have failure then Restore MR Image Using Redeploy to different hardware. I guess I'll have to Phone call to get it to Activate?

Any advise greatly appreciated

:)

Clintlgm, Nov 7, 2016

2. Replacing Smartphone

Is there any option to replace a nokia smartphone for another in nokia smartphone for India>Mumbai?I want to replace my cellphone I have C5-03 but I'm interested more in Nokia 500 and Nokia 603 can anyone help me out if is there any chance to replace phone?

Prithvi_c28, Nov 7, 2016
  3. matttye Win User
    Replacing Phone

Sounds like you have the battery issue that so many of us have. In some builds of the Nokia 5800, the battery does not fit snugly enough inside the case and loses connection with the pins, which causes the phone to lose power and turn off. If you stuff a
    bit of folded paper underneath the battery, this puts pressure on the battery and it's much less likely to lose connection with the pins.

See if this solves your problem of the phone turning itself off.

matttye, Nov 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Replacing motherboard?

Sounds like you've got everything right. Windows 10 is very tolerant of being moved to new hardware, and you will probably have to call Microsoft for help with activating. If you had upgraded to the Anniversary Edition then the digital license linked to a Microsoft Account and the built-in activation troubleshooter would probably save you the phone call - but since you didn't, have to call.

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    Yep i'm hopeful, for all my software. I have one business program I'm concerned about Its a Access 2012 DB running a proprietary Runtime 2010 hopefully it doesn't get screwed up.

Clintlgm, Nov 7, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    Yes, I have seen not necessary similar makes but different makes but same model MB's accepted. If you have a Win 8 retail key - that would be the best bet - as it still works for digital licences (the ethics of using it, after official discontinuation, notwithstanding)

Superfly, Nov 7, 2016
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Hmmm you know I did a clean install of 8.1 just weeks before upgrading to 10 but I think I used an upgrade from 7 to 8.1, I have that number so I'm putting the MB together now I guess I'll have it all figure out in a couple of hours hopefully

Clintlgm, Nov 7, 2016
  8. Clintlgm Win User

Replacing motherboard?

Yes thanks Superfly and NavyLCDR, I just had to change the windows product Key, typed in my Windows 8 pro upgrade key number, boom it worked didn't have to call or anything.
    Office 2013 did require a Call and all the numbers but worked.
    All other software so far seem to be activated and working properly

Clintlgm, Nov 8, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    And proof that the free upgrade to Windows 10 is still alive and well.....

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replacing motherboard?

1. Replacing motherboard? - Similar Threads - Replacing motherboard

2. Will my Window 10-11 still be activated after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will my Window 10-11 still be activated after replacing the Motherboard: My Asus Motherboard recently broke so, I am wondering if I were to install a new Motherboard with a new Hard drive disk, will I still get Both Window 11 and Window 10 on the new Motherboard with my account login. Because it says that it linked to my account but it is linked...
  3. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  4. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  5. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  7. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  8. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  9. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  10. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging