Windows 10: replacing motherboard

Discus and support replacing motherboard in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by green5178, Aug 4, 2022.

1. green5178 Win User

replacing motherboard

My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound right?

:)

green5178, Aug 4, 2022

2. REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Hi Keith,

to keep license you need to replace motherboard by warranty. Sorry that are the license terms. If this will be warranty replacement please remember technician to do steps necessary for license keeping.

Igor Leyko, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Kol12 Win User

replacing motherboard

Replace motherboard - steps to consider.

What steps should you consider when/before replacing the motherboard? Should old chipset drivers etc be unisntalled prior to the swap? What about the TPM? If this has been enabled does it need to backed up or disabled before the swap?

Kol12, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

replacing motherboard

1. replacing motherboard - Similar Threads - replacing motherboard

2. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  3. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  4. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  6. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  7. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  8. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  9. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...