Windows 10: Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10

Discus and support Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a new Dell with pre installed McAfee. The problem is that McAfee cannot be installed without causing significant problems with Outlook 365.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AntoniusLecuona, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10

Hi

I have a new Dell with pre installed McAfee. The problem is that McAfee cannot be installed without causing significant problems with Outlook 365. I have tried 4 times now. We even had Microsoft support remote accessing our pc and they could not find a solution. McAfee corrupts the outgoing server in such a way that all emails sent are either corrupted or stay in the Outbox. Error messages vary from 0x800CCC0F, 0x800CCC0B and the dreaded and unsolvable 0x8004210B. This results in the symptom that my ISP is not accepting requests, its not. Its the corruption caused by McAfee.

Since nobody is prepared to find a solution to this problem my question is: Can I remove the Dell/McAfee Windows 10 that cam preinstalled, buy a non OEM Windows 10 from Microsoft and install it. So replacing the OEM version with a of the shelf version.

Regards

Antonius

:)

AntoniusLecuona, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10

Windows 10: A New Generation of Windows

You're mistaken. There is no Windows Phone 10. Microsoft is replacing the Windows Phone line with just Windows 10. Or, in other words, Microsoft is replacing Windows Phone 8.1 with the same Windows 10 that they are replacing Windows 8.1.1 with.

DeadmanFatboy, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10

1. Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Replacing OEM purchased

2. Purchasing Windows OEM keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing Windows OEM keys: I own a small consulting company where I provide IT support for small businesses. I have a customer that wants me to upgrade about 30 workstations, motherboard, processor, ram and hard drives so that the systems can run Windows 11. I purchased an OEM Windows 11 DVD from...
  3. Purchasing Windows OEM keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing Windows OEM keys: I own a small consulting company where I provide IT support for small businesses. I have a customer that wants me to upgrade about 30 workstations, motherboard, processor, ram and hard drives so that the systems can run Windows 11. I purchased an OEM Windows 11 DVD from...
  4. Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build: I built a Windows 10 PC several years ago and purchased a retail license. Now that PC cannot be updated to Windows 11. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license and remove the retail license from this PC and install the OEM license without doing a complete reinstall? I would...
  5. Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build: I built a Windows 10 PC several years ago and purchased a retail license. Now that PC cannot be updated to Windows 11. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license and remove the retail license from this PC and install the OEM license without doing a complete reinstall? I would...
  6. Oem windows on replaced motherboard

Oem windows on replaced motherboard: Hi, so i have a dell xps 15 9560 whose motherboard is on the verge of dying, the graphics card fried year ago but it was still running through the onboard intel graphics somehow, and it is now too about to die off. My question is that if i get the motherboard replaced at a...
  7. Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License: I called Microsoft twice trying to find out what department deals with the sale of Windows 10 OEM Licenses and got in touch with the live chat team and got transferred twice and still have had no luck. Basically I'm looking to get a price and MOQ for Windows 10 OEM Licenses...
  8. OEM windows 10 on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OEM windows 10 on new motherboard: So my old motherboard has died and my understanding of the win 10 OEM license is that it is tied to the motherboard - Firstly will windows 10 cope fairly well with a new motherboard and processor come the first boot? (Hoping to not reinstall if I can help it) Secondly, will...
  9. Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?

Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?: Hello. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home with an OEM license. I need to replace my motherboard, but I can't buy the same model because it's no longer being manufactured. Since I have my Windows installation set up the way I want it, I'd like to replace my OEM product...
  10. Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase: Where on the Microsoft site can I purchase the DVD for Windows 10 Pro? Can I get one with 3 licenses? I am not able to find the location on the site to do this, and I do not want to buy a download....