Windows 10: Replacing old laptop but keeping MS account the same

Discus and support Replacing old laptop but keeping MS account the same in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop to replace my older one. What i want to do is use my current Microsoft account for the new laptop and put my old laptop under a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by (Paul)BC, Aug 24, 2019.

1. (Paul)BC Win User

Replacing old laptop but keeping MS account the same

I just got a new laptop to replace my older one. What i want to do is use my current Microsoft account for the new laptop and put my old laptop under a new account. Eventually, after all the files are moved, i will probably deactivate the new MS account (with the old laptop) Also, I want to move my files from

my old laptop to my new laptop via OneDrive. I have family pics that i don’t want to lose. What is the the step-by-step process for all of this? Am I forgetting anything? I am getting older and I don’t think these things through as well as i used to. Thanks for your assistance.

Best regards,

Paul

:)

(Paul)BC, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Anthony12 Win User

What to do with old laptop

Yeah this is good suggestions here with your old laptop but i just want to say you that you should replace your old laptop with any new laptop by exchanging the old one and i think this is the best opinion for you ....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Replacing old laptop but keeping MS account the same - Similar Threads - Replacing old laptop

2. Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop: I purchased a laptop in college and set up using my college Microsoft account. That account no longer exists. I am trying to disconnect it from my laptop, but it requires a password. I do not know that password, and the account doesn't technically exists anymore so I cannot...
  3. Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop: I purchased a laptop in college and set up using my college Microsoft account. That account no longer exists. I am trying to disconnect it from my laptop, but it requires a password. I do not know that password, and the account doesn't technically exists anymore so I cannot...
  4. MS keeps asking the same question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS keeps asking the same question: Hi MS,See, I've been trying to create 2 accounts for me. But I don't understand, i get the same captcha again and it's too difficult to solve. im unable to create my MS account. Please reply anyone from MSThanks,...
  5. MS keeps asking the same question

MS keeps asking the same question: Hi MS,See, I've been trying to create 2 accounts for me. But I don't understand, i get the same captcha again and it's too difficult to solve. im unable to create my MS account. Please reply anyone from MSThanks,...
  6. 2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id: Hi,I only used to have one admin user id on my laptop and face recognition logged me in brilliantly. Now, I somehow have acquired a second account on start up with the same MS id but which is not an admin account. I presume this occurred at a recent MS upgrade. Now my face...
  7. 2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id: Hi,I only used to have one admin user id on my laptop and face recognition logged me in brilliantly. Now, I somehow have acquired a second account on start up with the same MS id but which is not an admin account. I presume this occurred at a recent MS upgrade. Now my face...
  8. 2 Accounts on my Laptop with same MS id

9. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  10. Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account: Hi, I have an issue with my two laptops. These have the same MS account. One, however, has a qwerty keyboard and the other an azerty. Now, when my qwerty laptop is set correctly, my azerty laptop has become qwerty. When I rectify my azerty laptop back to azerty keyboard,...