Windows 10: Replacing Recovery Files

Discus and support Replacing Recovery Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Somewhere during reloading Windows 7, upgrading to Windows 10, and eventually cloning my disk to a solid state drive, my recovery partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim2OC, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Jim2OC Win User

Replacing Recovery Files

Hello.

Somewhere during reloading Windows 7, upgrading to Windows 10, and eventually cloning my disk to a solid state drive, my recovery partition disappeared. I currently have Win10 Pro 1909 64-bit MBR. There are two partitions on my SSD: a system partition, about 600MB, and C:, about 500GB. There is no Recovery directory in the system partition, and no WinRE.wim file anywhere on my system. According to reagentc, recovery is disabled.

I am told that I can simply create a Recovery\WinRE folder on the system partition, load WinRE.wim there, and use reagentc to set the image and enable recovery. I'm OK with all that; what I need is a WinRE.wim. It's been suggested that I can obtain one from the Windows 10 installation files that I used to upgrade, in the \Sources\install.esd folder. However, in the install.esd folder I find seven folders, numbered 1 to 7, that each contain what looks like an identical WinRE.wim file. There's no information to differentiate these folders in the ISO file.

So my three questions: First, will the procedure that I outlined above work? Second, which wim file is appropriate for my system, or are they in fact identical? And lastly, is there a better source for a wim file?

Any information helpful. Thanks.

:)

Jim2OC, Mar 22, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 22, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Mar 22, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Replacing Recovery Files

DRDNA, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Replacing Recovery Files

1. Replacing Recovery Files - Similar Threads - Replacing Recovery Files

2. Files recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files recovery: Hi, if you install a windows on a flash drive as a bootable device, does it erases the file inside the flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-recovery/21e11c3c-05e3-4660-826d-86f274730a94
  3. File recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File recovery: Hi,I moved files from an external memory card to my hard drive by both:1. dragging files2. cutting and pastingMy laptop was later stolen and I've lost a bunch of my family photos. Is it possible to recover them by running a software on my memory card?Thanks...
  4. Replaced File information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replaced File information: Is Windows storing information when file is replaced? If yes where is that information stored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replaced-file-information/8f408349-b2f8-464a-842e-a813670612f4
  5. File Recovery

File Recovery: I deleted a file, and emptied the trash. Can I recover the file??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-recovery/a6fe73a3-a1fa-487e-b449-4a95af3112ec
  6. Recovery of files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery of files: Hey guys. Lost all files. I have 4gb Lexar thumb drive. It’s been plugged into a USB port that doesn’t always work on computer 1(the port is real picky). I didn’t see any of my normal files contained on usb on computer 1. So I plugged it into computer 2. Couldn’t find...
  7. file recovery

file recovery: Can I recover files that say "the application was unable to start correectly (0xc0000033) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-recovery/cb6722a4-3541-4cb8-a368-34561f9b2fa2"
  8. Recovery problems after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery problems after HDD replacement.: Hello there! My PC is HP Pavilion Laptop (cc-102tx) with Windows 10 Home Edition. I had replaced my old HDD with a new one (both 1TB) as old one was having some noise issue. Before replacement I had created recovery media of my OS in a bootable pen drive. Soon, after the...
  9. Recovery to windows 10 after SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery to windows 10 after SSD replacement: Working off Greg Carmack response from earlier question: Installed SSD (same size as original drive) Booted to: Recovery> your PC needs to be repaired> File:\WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe> Error Code 0xc000000e Press Enter to try again Press F8 for startup settings...
  10. Replace corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace corrupted files: Hi, i have windows 10 1709. When i run sfc command it found some corrupted files but was unable to repair them. I am also not able to replace corrupted files. Please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery file for replacing wow