Windows 10: Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation?

Discus and support Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Laptop is dell xps 15 9550 i5-6300hq processor 8gb ram 250gb ssd 32gb m.2 ssd 3 cell 56wh battery I bought this laptop brand new few years ago on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation?

Laptop is

dell xps 15 9550
    i5-6300hq processor
    8gb ram
    250gb ssd
    32gb m.2 ssd
    3 cell 56wh battery

I bought this laptop brand new few years ago on ebay not knowing that having a 2nd hard drive meant i get the 3 cell smaller battery. It also came with a regular 7200 rpm hard drive but i replaced it with an old samsung 250gb ssd of mine. I have used this laptop for over 2.5 years already.

I have bought a battery replacement for it 1 time... got it off ebay and that battery has been working fine for a bit less than 1.5 years. The old original battery basically went bad as it went out after 10 minutes or so. As of now, battery is still okay though there is wear in it. For example, whenever i turn on my laptop and say my charger is not plugged in... it shows around 92% battery and shows like 14 minute to fully charge. This is assuming i turn on my laptop without having it plugged in at the start. I always have my laptop charged to an outlet as i use my laptop inside my apartment pretty much close to 100%. So i know my battery has some wear because of this. And i get around 1h15m to 1h30m on the battery.

My laptop has had a few issues a while back like it being on the dell logo a few times and not loading etc. But this was a while back. But what laptop never has issues correct? Has anyone here never had a single issue with their xps 15 9550 such as it never froze on the dell logo screen or something like this? I assume not possible right?

:)

paulyjustin, Aug 6, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Clean install of XP on Dell laptop?

My friend has an inspiron laptop from dell. He got it with Vista preinstalled on it, but wants to switch back to XP. He got an XP Pro CD, but when he inserted it, the "Install XP Now" option was greyed out. I thought it might be dell trying to make life difficult when reinstalling windows. *Confused Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation? :confused: Any advice??

If I formatted the hard drive for him, NTFS, would I be able to clean install XP or would the prob still be there?

Thanks in advance

Peteballaghaderreen, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation?

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Laptop: Dell Precision M6400 T9900 CPU, 4GB Ram

Original Hard drive has XP Pro and is working fine. Bought a second hard drive to play with and want to install XP Pro on it. I have a legit OEM XP Pro COA.

Trying to install XP, gets to a certain point and BSOD *Frown Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation? :(

Tried both a Dell OEM XP Pro (SP1) disk and Retail XP Pro (w/ SP3) disk... boots fine of the CD, goes through the blue installation screens (installing this, that and the other drivers)... stops and suddenly blue screens.

I thought perhaps it could be the new HDD, so I tried it with the original HDD - same result!

The laptop has a ICH8M/ICH9M controller, I'm thinking I need to install drivers for those, like it's trying to read the hardware and cant? The only other thing I can think of are network drivers.

Help!

Sasqui, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation?

1. Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation? - Similar Threads - Replacing SSD Dell

2. Replaced SSD on Dell XPS Laptop and Tried Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 Pro from USB Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced SSD on Dell XPS Laptop and Tried Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 Pro from USB Boot...: Just replaced my Microsoft Store-purchased Dell XPS 15 9550 OEM PM951 NVMe Samsung 512GB SSD with a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB SSD and the computer will not start up. It will not even get to the logo screen to allow me to enter BIOS settings. Trying to understand how this...
  3. Replaced SSD on Dell XPS Laptop and Tried Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 Pro from USB Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replaced SSD on Dell XPS Laptop and Tried Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 Pro from USB Boot...: Just replaced my Microsoft Store-purchased Dell XPS 15 9550 OEM PM951 NVMe Samsung 512GB SSD with a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB SSD and the computer will not start up. It will not even get to the logo screen to allow me to enter BIOS settings. Trying to understand how this...
  4. Replaced SSD on Dell XPS Laptop and Tried Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 Pro from USB Boot...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing replacement SSD on laptop

Installing replacement SSD on laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running the latest Windows 10 Home. Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198) The laptop is a Toshiba satellite S855 Intel cpu i7-3610QM, 8GB installed ram Its old hdd is extremely slow so I want to replace it with a 1 TB ssd. The SSD is a Samsung...
  6. Cannot Install W10 on Dell XPS W7 pro

Cannot Install W10 on Dell XPS W7 pro: I have been trying to install W10 on my Dell XPS W7Pro machine with no luck. It always fails during configuration and reverts back to the old settings. Through all of this I found out that, I have been unaware, that my machine has NEVER successfully updated with "important"...
  7. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  8. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  9. Replace SSD on Laptop with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace SSD on Laptop with Windows 10 Pro: Am trying to replace existing 128 Gb SSD with a new Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD using a Sata USB Cable. The SSD does not show as a drive so not able to clone the existing SSD. It does show under Disk Management but without any assigned drive. Screenshot shows the new SSD as Disk...
  10. DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro: Basicly my PC is working well, but I try to get answers for a few minor problems in EventViewer. In the process I landed at Intel. From INtel I got the advice to rather go to DELL itself, as some driver updates will be manufacturer specific. Microsft tells me everything is...