Windows 10: Replacing System Board

Discus and support Replacing System Board in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built my own PC and now I need to replace the System Board. I installed Windows 8 OEM on the original PC and have since upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Christyna64, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Replacing System Board

I built my own PC and now I need to replace the System Board. I installed Windows 8 OEM on the original PC and have since upgraded to Windows 10 through the free upgrade program. I need to know what steps to take in reactivating Windows 10 upgrade. Do I have to buy Windows again? I've read that the OEM can't be transferred to a new System Board as it can only be activated once, but the Full Version of Windows can be reactivated up to three times.

:)

Christyna64, Feb 26, 2019

2. Replacing Mother Board

I need to replace my mother board. I have purchased the identical replacement. I want replace the mother board and use the same old Processor. Processor is i7 6700K and the motherboard is ASUS Z170. Is it possible to replace the Mother board without re installing
    the Windows and software.

Thank you

Franklin Silva

Silvafranklin, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Replacing System Board

Gigabyte to implement replacement or refund program for Intel 6 series motherboards

Problem is there just aren't any backup boards as all chipsets are B2 stepping, and B3 stepping won't be available until maybe late April, so there's no point in getting defective replacement boards *Frown Replacing System Board :( your last suggestion sounds reasonable enough to me though *Smile Replacing System Board :)

15th Warlock, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Replacing System Board

1. Replacing System Board - Similar Threads - Replacing System Board

2. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  3. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  4. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I changed the System board on my PC

I changed the System board on my PC: I deleted my system in the Microsoft Account and didn't know it would need to be there to transfer the digital license. Before you respond with the "Need a new License" This is NOT OEM and does NOT need a new license because I changed the system board and CPU. Only OEM...
  6. Need to activate windows - new system board

Need to activate windows - new system board: I upgraded from Windows 7. I have no idea where my windows 7 product code is at this point. The computer hard dive was moved from the old system board to the new system board. The CPU is also different, but I may upgrade it later, and I guess I’ll be dealing with this again...
  7. Need to activate windows - new system board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to activate windows - new system board: I upgraded from Windows 7. I have no idea where my windows 7 product code is at this point. The computer hard dive was moved from the old system board to the new system board. The CPU is also different, but I may upgrade it later, and I guess I’ll be dealing with this again...
  8. Replacing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing operating system: My desktop crashed yesterday now it wants a source to repair my operating system Windows 10 and I can't get it to see any source at all. I do not have a CD or recovery tool but I have no less than three licences. What do I do?...
  9. Replaced Mother Board and Win10 reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replaced Mother Board and Win10 reinstall.: Just install a new MSI Z390A Pro motherboard. New ram 2x8GB DDR4. NIVIDIA Dual RTX 2070 graphics card. Using Samsung Digital Hard Drive 250 GB. Install new WIN 10 Pro let it set up system including hard drive. Installed driver for video card from NIVIDIAS. Installed network...
  10. DELL C3765DNF Printer Main Board replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL C3765DNF Printer Main Board replacement: I don't suppose any has a service manual for this particular printer. The Dell site only has the user manual and that isn't very much help at all. I have one of these at work and I need to replace the main board due to the NIC jack is AFU. I don't think it should be to...