Windows 10: Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

Discus and support Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am getting ready to replace both of the hard drives in my laptop that is running a verified copy of Win 10 Pro that I wish to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TPRIER, Feb 26, 2019.

1. TPRIER Win User

Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

Hello everyone. I am getting ready to replace both of the hard drives in my laptop that is running a verified copy of Win 10 Pro that I wish to have reinstalled on my new SSD when finished. However, it does not allow you to view the entire product key. How do I go about attaining my whole product key so that I can use it to reverify my new install?

:)

TPRIER, Feb 26, 2019

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

Laptop hard drive upgrade

If you ghost the OS from disk to disk with the same system it should work fine. Thing is you have to GHOST the disk, including the MBR or it won't be bootable. Any other normal laptop drive should work as long as the connections the same.

If you cannot make a backup install CD, you'll likely need to locate a windows install CD, unless you can ghost the drive. Thats pretty much your only options atm.

Dippyskoodlez, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

1. Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. - Similar Threads - Replacing hard drives

2. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  3. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  4. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  5. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  6. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD: I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an...
  8. Replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing hard drive: Hey guys! So recently my hard drive crashed and I can not get into my computer. My question is if I get a new hard drive, looking at a portable option for 50 bucks, how do I install Windows 10 on this new drive. I have never done this before and all help is appreciated!...
  9. Replacing my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing my hard drive: I've been advised elsewhere on the forum that the hard drive in my PC needs to be replaced with urgency. I've never replaced such an important component before and I'm concerned about choosing a drive that will suit my needs and fit into the position left by the old one....
  10. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...