Windows 10: Replacing the HD

Discus and support Replacing the HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd like to replace my hard disk with an SSD in order to improve performance. How can I do that and preserve my Windows, Office and other licences,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcoChiarello, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Replacing the HD

I'd like to replace my hard disk with an SSD in order to improve performance.

How can I do that and preserve my Windows, Office and other licences, as well as the installed apps, etc.?

Thanks

Marco

:)

MarcoChiarello, Mar 21, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Replacing the HD [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 21, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Replacing the HD

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Replacing the HD

1. Replacing the HD - Similar Threads - Replacing

2. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  3. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  4. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  6. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  7. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

8. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  9. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  10. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...