Windows 10: Replacing the SSD

Discus and support Replacing the SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad (one of the smaller ones) that needs to be upgraded if I can. It has a small SSD that although runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018.

1. cmmpro1 Win User

Replacing the SSD

Good afternoon everyone,
    I have a Lenovo Ideapad (one of the smaller ones) that needs to be upgraded if I can. It has a small SSD that although runs well, its just too small. Is it possible to install an SSD that has a bit more storage? Say 250GB?

:)

cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Unable to update after replacing SSD

Did you backup your data?

If you have access to another computer download the Media Creation Tool and install the latest public release 16299.19

Media Creation Tool US; Read the instructions.

Instructions link.

Download Windows 10

lacrumb, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Unable to update after replacing SSD

I just put in a new SSD hard drive and it still won't update.

do I need this program? to run all the others

or is there another way to update.

Louise

Lpierce532, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Replacing the SSD

What is the exact model of the Ideapad?

PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2018
  5. As long as the storage is not soldered to the motherboard, it should be able to be updated with ease. 250GB is a fair amount of storage for an SSD and you should be able to find one that fits your laptop.

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 20, 2018
  6. cmmpro1 Win User
    Everyone, I am so sorry!! Its actually a Lenovo Think pad N22 11.6 inch. It has a 32gb SSD. Can I replace the SSD with one with more storage? Again, I am sorry for the confusion...

cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018
  7. PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2018
  8. cmmpro1 Win User

Replacing the SSD

cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018
  9. One of the downsides of laptops like these. They seem promising for price, but 32GB of Windows isn't a whole lot of space.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replacing the SSD

1. Replacing the SSD - Similar Threads - Replacing SSD

2. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  3. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  4. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  5. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  6. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  8. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  9. im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?: I am going to be replacing the m.2 SSD on a laptop that had Windows 11 preinstalled on it the current SSD has corrupted files on it and the laptop can't be used so I cant transfer everything from one SSD to the next is there any way to get windows back after the change?...
  10. im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?

im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?: I am going to be replacing the m.2 SSD on a laptop that had Windows 11 preinstalled on it the current SSD has corrupted files on it and the laptop can't be used so I cant transfer everything from one SSD to the next is there any way to get windows back after the change?...