Windows 10: Replacing the storage of a laptop

Discus and support Replacing the storage of a laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade my storage of my laptop, I have been having some issues with my current HDD and I'm taking the chance to change it to a SSD, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PrimOtter, Mar 30, 2021.

1. PrimOtter Win User

Replacing the storage of a laptop

I'm trying to upgrade my storage of my laptop, I have been having some issues with my current HDD and I'm taking the chance to change it to a SSD, I want to know how to do this without loosing my windows license. The laptop was bought new from HP, it came already with a Windows Licence installed and activated.

I'm also adding another 8GB stick of RAM in, is this going to be a problem since it would change the hardware specs of the laptop?

:)

PrimOtter, Mar 30, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 30, 2021
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. Replacing the storage of a laptop

replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Replacing the storage of a laptop

1. Replacing the storage of a laptop - Similar Threads - Replacing storage laptop

2. laptop storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop storage: hello i ahve recently formated my laptop and I am using it now like new all files were removed yet now it says 50 gb of storage is used test no files to prove that statement I have tried in properties optimising storage and cleaning disk...
  3. Asus laptop storage

Asus laptop storage: How do I transfer my pc used storage to my SD card in a Asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-laptop-storage/e33c663c-3731-434f-99bd-c6b3aafbaf7f
  4. Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive: My Win 10 Pro system has eight physical disks: one boot drive, one CD-ROM, and six HDDs in a Storage Spaces array. Everything works fine. The boot drive was getting full, so I replaced it with another drive with twice the capacity. Both drives are SSDs, and I "cloned" the...
  5. Laptop storage space

Laptop storage space: I have a Hp laptop that has a storage space, 57.5 GB. I use an external drive to store documents but I notice the C drive is still 20 GB already and even though I have not store any files on the laptop. How can I free up more space on the C drive?...
  6. Adding\Replacing Drives In Storage Spaces

Adding\Replacing Drives In Storage Spaces: Hello, We recently purchased a new server which we will be using to support several of our SQL databases. The server contains 4 NVMe drives that will be used for the database files. The server is running Windows Sever 2019. We would like to use Storage Spaces to “manage”...
  7. Is Storage Spaces a good replacement for Stablebit DrivePool?

Is Storage Spaces a good replacement for Stablebit DrivePool?: I have happily used DrivePool for folder duplication for years on my old WHS2011 server, but it only really supports Win 7, so now I have moved to a new Win 10 server and all the modern backup software uses VSS which DrivePool does not support. Is Storage Spaces a sensible...
  8. used laptop storage

used laptop storage: My roommate gave me this HP Stream. It has no storage space left and I want to delete her from it. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-laptop-storage/6c13d083-6455-469d-9533-e21a4411984b"
  9. Replacement battery for discontinued laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacement battery for discontinued laptop: Good afternoon. I have a Clevo-based laptop I bought from IBuyPower about four years ago. It's a discontinued model and they tell me they have no way to get a replacement. Is there nothing I can do? Could I try another battery made for a gaming laptop that might work? EDIT:...
  10. Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount): I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount? I looked through tutorials but wasn't clear on exactly what topic this fitted into. Do I continue to log in with the same...