Windows 10: Replacing WIndows 10 embedded BIOS key in a Lenovo Thinkstation

Discus and support Replacing WIndows 10 embedded BIOS key in a Lenovo Thinkstation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a new ThinkStation desktop PC which came with WIndows 10 Pro. I want to downgrade it to WIndows 10 Home and have purchased the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuyCavallo, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Replacing WIndows 10 embedded BIOS key in a Lenovo Thinkstation

I purchased a new ThinkStation desktop PC which came with WIndows 10 Pro. I want to downgrade it to WIndows 10 Home and have purchased the appropriate license and product key from the Microsoft Store. However, ever time I try to install Home to replace Pro, including FDISK and formatting the C drive the key embedded in the BIOS doesn't let me enter the Home product key and once the installation is complete I have Pro installed. Any suggestions on how to change out the BIOS embedded product key on a Lenovo?

:)

GuyCavallo, Jun 2, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Announces ThinkStation P Series

Lenovo today, at SIGGRAPH 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, announced the launch of the ThinkStation P Series, unveiling its vision for the ultimate in desktop workstation performance, reliability and usability. Rebuilt from the ground up, the Lenovo ThinkStation P900, P700 and P500 workstations join the entry-level ThinkStation P300, announced in May 2014, as the most powerful professional-grade desktop workstations available. Now, professionals in engineering, architecture, media and entertainment, oil & gas, medical & science, finance and other industries can arm themselves with workstation technology selected and configured to meet their needs for enhanced productivity and limitless innovation.

"After a period of intensive research, development and testing, we're excited to introduce our next generation workstations to the market, as we truly believe this is the best designed workstation ever," said Victor Rios, vice president and general manager, Workstation, Lenovo. "We built on the advancements delivered in our 30 Series workstations and engineered the P Series with new levels of innovation based on extensive customer feedback. The result for users is optimum performance, outstanding reliability and unparalleled usability that is unlike anything they have experienced."

Whether it's engineers working in computer-aided design, artists creating the latest blockbuster action sequence or geophysicists interpreting seismic data for oil & gas exploration, users of professional desktop workstations require the best-performing, most reliable and most usable hardware available. The applications these professionals use to innovate in their industries continue to grow more complex and resource-intensive. As a result, users need desktop workstations that can not only meet the application demands of today but also be configured to anticipate the challenges of tomorrow.

Designed for optimum performance, reliability and usability, Lenovo's new ThinkStation P Series workstations represent a quantum leap forward for workstation technology. Key benefits of the new systems include:

Ease of Use
    The Lenovo ThinkStation P Series features a clean, modular design, making it easier to access components for uncomplicated upgrades.
    • Tool-less Upgrades: Access critical components - even the motherboard - without the need for a single tool.
    • Red Touch Points: Intuitive red touch points guide users' hands to quick and easy component changes.
    • Integrated Handles: Makes lifting and carrying easy - and allows the system to fit conveniently into any workspace. The integrated handles also allow for easy rack mounting.
    • QR Codes: Have support questions about your components? Scan the QR code, and you will be directed to our website with detailed information on system architecture and component technical specifications.
    • Diagnostic Port: Plug your Android-based tablet or smartphone into the USB port for system analysis using the ThinkStation app, or use any USB mass storage device to transfer diagnostic information directly to the dedicated ThinkStation diagnostics web page.
    Thermal Management

Keeping components cool is the key to reliability. Lenovo ThinkStation workstations have historically been the coolest in the industry, and the P Series is the coolest system yet.
    • Tri Channel Cooling: ThinkStation P Series utilizes a patented tri-channel architecture resulting in superior cooling of key components.
    • Air Baffle: Through a one-of-a-kind, fan-less, multi-channel air baffle, the redesigned system draws in maximum airflow, directing cool air straight to critical system components. Warm air is forced out the back without ever touching other components along the way.
    Flexibility
    Lenovo has brought the idea of expansion to an entirely new level. From memory and storage capacity to power supply and I/O slots, the P Series offers unique configurations that let users customize the right components no matter what their profession requires for a fully loaded experience.
    • FLEX Bay: The FLEX Bay has been designed to support an optical drive or the FLEX Module, which can be used to support an ultraslim optical drive, a media card reader, or Firewire (IEEE 1394).
    • FLEX Tray: Newly designed HDD trays support both 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives. And with one tray supporting up to two 2.5" hard drives, users can add as many as 14 drives (P900 model only).
    • FLEX Connector: Professionals can increase functionality without sacrificing rear PCIe slots using a mezzanine card that connects to the motherboard - allowing for support for SATA/SAS/PCIe storage and advanced RAID solutions.
    • Power Supply: Easily remove the tool-less power supply without worrying about cables. For the P700 and P500 models, this means users can match the size of the power supply to their systems' unique configuration, allowing them to pay for the performance they truly need.
    Performance
    Boosting productivity starts with incomparable computing and graphics performance. With the Lenovo ThinkStation P Series, users can run their mission-critical applications to their limits - from advanced rendering and simulation to analysis of vast data sets.
    • Cutting-Edge Processing: The latest Intel Xeon processors provide critical computing horsepower.
    • Unparalleled Graphical Capabilities: The latest NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards provide unmatched visualization performance.
    • Memory: The P Series supports a high capacity of DDR4 memory to handle any complex computational task with RAM to spare.
    • ISV-Certified Software: The P Series is certified to work on all key ISV applications. In fact, there's a good chance that many of the world's largest ISVs developed their software using ThinkStation workstations.
    • Pushing the Limits of Expandability: The ThinkStation P900 supports up to three NVIDIA Quadro K6000 graphic cards and up to 14 storage devices.
    "We want our customers to know that we listened to their demands for a higher-performing, more reliable and more usable workstation, and our ThinkStation P Series represents our response to those demands," said Rob Herman, director, Worldwide Workstation Product and Vertical Marketing, Lenovo. "We've partnered with the best technology makers in the world and engineered these new workstations to be more intuitive, flexible and powerful than any workstation technology available, regardless of the level of user. We're excited to bring this technology to customers and, more importantly, to see how they'll use the ThinkStation P Series workstations to power new innovations in their respective industries."

Lenovo Services
    Businesses can opt for a variety of service and support solutions to fit their needs. With a committed focus on customer, quality and responsiveness, Lenovo Services offers innovative and integrated solutions to ensure maximum productivity. Warranty Extensions, Upgrades, Accidental Damage Protection, Keep Your Drive, Priority Technical Support and a complete set of factory and automated deployment services help organizations effectively bridge the gap between consumer and business.

Availability
    The new Lenovo ThinkStation P Series workstations will be available starting later this fall.

btarunr, Jun 2, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    ACPI Driver for Lenovo ThinkStation E32

i am in a need of the ACPI Driver for a Lenovo ThinkStation E32, i am installing raid on for a customer.

Hardware-ID for the "Unknown Device" is "ACPI\LEN4001" and when i google for that or Lenovo ACPI i get this driver for Windows 7 i can't get to work...

Driver: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029250

even checking with Windows Device Manager i come up with nuth.

puma99dk|, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Replacing WIndows 10 embedded BIOS key in a Lenovo Thinkstation

Lenovo Announces the 30 Series ThinkStation Workstations

Lenovo today announced the ThinkStation S30, C30 and D30 - three new workstations equipped with the latest Intel Xeon E5 processors that improve productivity and reliability. These latest ThinkStations boast upgraded functionally and innovative design, while delivering a quiet, reliable and powerful solution that meet the heavy computing demands of specialized professionals in computer-aided design (CAD) and engineering, film and animation, financial services and healthcare. With faster memory and enhanced energy-efficiency, ThinkStation users will benefit from the improved speed, empowering them to do more - more quickly.

"Professionals with powerful processing needs require extremely dependable and reliable systems to accomplish day-to-day tasks," said Robert Herman, director of product and vertical solutions, Workstation Business Unit, Lenovo. "The three new workstations -- S30, C30 and D30 -- each provide the power and performance workstation users demand, giving them confidence they have the best hardware available to get the job done."

Eco-friendly Cool Factor

Along with high power and performance, Lenovo ThinkStations S30, C30 and D30 are extremely energy efficient and environmentally friendly. They offer up to 90 percent power efficiency, Energy Star 5.2 certification and feature 80 Plus Gold power supply. The green-savvy design also extends to the exterior, which is fabricated with up to 65 percent recycled materials.

Unparalleled Speed and Performance

Expertly engineered for both high performance and speed, Lenovo's latest workstations improve multi-tasking among professionals by increasing memory performance. The workstations feature the latest, high-performance technologies with various options within each model including:

- Choices of the latest Intel Xeon E5 1600/2600 processors for faster multi-core processing

- Professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards and Maximus support utilizing NVIDIA Telsa compute cards

- Faster performance with support for up to 256 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory and 10X faster transfer rates with USB 3.0

- Comprehensive ISV certification including the latest versions of key ISV applications across vertical markets to ensure application support

Lenovo ThinkStation C30 - World's Smallest Dual-CPU Design

Designed specifically for those in financial services, CAD and digital content creators, the ThinkStation C30 includes two of the latest-generation Intel Xeon E5 2600 processors, up to NVIDIA Quadro 6000 or dual NVIDIA Quadro 5000 graphics and the ability to fit up to 14 workstations in a 42U rack or four C30s under a standard trading floor desk. The combination of NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards and Tesla compute cards accelerate visuals and display functionality. Also adding to the overall performance, the improved 128 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory provides more power and faster data transfer using PCI Express 3.0 and USB 3.0, which transfers data 10 times faster than USB 2.0.

The C30's, ISV-certified and patented award-winning design and cooling technology makes it possible to deliver maximum power in less space, demonstrating Lenovo's dedication to expert engineering. The C30 features tri-channel cooling, keeping its components running cooler than other dual processor workstations and boosting overall reliability.

Lenovo ThinkStation D30 - Extreme Power Unleashed

For those with the most intense computing challenges and needs, from 3D product design and animation to heavy-duty number crunching and software development, the Lenovo ThinkStation D30 can take on the largest projects. Powered with the latest generation of up to eight-core Intel Xeon E5 2600 processors, along with up to two NVIDIA Quadro 6000 cards, the D30 is designed to help professionals push their processing limits.

The Lenovo D30 supports up to 16 DIMMS and 1600 MHz memory performance allowing users to easily multi-task. The D30 is also designed to be extremely reliable and ensure a pleasant work environment, with a tri-channel cooling system that keeps the machine cool on the inside and quiet on the outside.

Lenovo ThinkStation S30 - Essential Professional-Grade Computing

For the budget-minded user with high performance needs, the ThinkStation S30 offers the ideal combination of value and performance. As a mid-range solution, the S30 comes with the latest single Intel Xeon E5 1600/2600 processor technology, while supporting discrete graphics solutions from NVIDIA, including Maximus with Quadro and Tesla configurations.

Performance on the ThinkStation S30 is also optimized for top ISV applications and includes faster transfer rates, supporting USB 3.0 and up to 128 GB memory. The S30 is the perfect solution for 2D and 3D digital content creators, users of mid-range CAD and EDA applications, as well as finance and medical professionals looking for uncompromised power for a lower price.

Pricing and Availability

The Lenovo Workstation 30 Series will be available beginning April 9th. US pricing for the S30 models starts at $1,029, $1,399 for the C30, and $1,549 for the D30. The workstations will be available through Lenovo sales representatives, business partners and www.lenovo.com/thinkstation.

Cristian_25H, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Replacing WIndows 10 embedded BIOS key in a Lenovo Thinkstation

1. Replacing WIndows 10 embedded BIOS key in a Lenovo Thinkstation - Similar Threads - Replacing embedded BIOS

2. Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony: Just out curiosity what happens when you get a Pro Version of Windows and your PC has the Home Version. Can you upgrade OEM Key on motherboard by reactivating with a Pro OEM Key or will you need to keep Pro OEM Key so every time reinstalled Windows you will need to reactivate...
  3. Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony: Just out curiosity what happens when you get a Pro Version of Windows and your PC has the Home Version. Can you upgrade OEM Key on motherboard by reactivating with a Pro OEM Key or will you need to keep Pro OEM Key so every time reinstalled Windows you will need to reactivate...
  4. How to remove illegitimate windows product key embedded in BIOS/UEFI?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove illegitimate windows product key embedded in BIOS/UEFI?: I've had this version of Windows installed for a few years now, I can't remember it being installed but I'm pretty sure one of my friends did it using a cracked version of Windows. I'd like to use the "free" legit version of Windows for a while, before purchasing a full...
  5. Lenovo BIOS Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo BIOS Update?: Hello, everyone, i have a Lenovo IdeaPad s340 with Windows 10 Pro. For some time now Lenovo Vantage has been reporting that Lenovo recommends a BIOS Update - 10 [64]. I'm on abort and have uninstalled Lenovo Vantage. Unfortunately, it cannot be completely uninstalled...
  6. Lenovo BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo BIOS Update: I keep getting messages "CRITIAL" BIOS Update. I don't know enough about this so I am not trusting it. Maybe someone can explain what this actually does, how it may affect my laptop. Thank you....
  7. My Lenovo Thinkstation P910 was bricked by a Windows update last month. The event took with...

My Lenovo Thinkstation P910 was bricked by a Windows update last month. The event took with...: My Lenovo Thinkstation P910 was bricked by a Windows update last month. The event took with it a file containing many of my user names and passwords. PROBLEM I have many Microsoft accounts, usernames, passwords, most of which no longer function. I tried to log into my Office...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key

Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key: I need some assurance and documentation that when Windows 10 says it is activated it is actually legally activated. This is in a corporate/commercial environment, so we need to make sure this is correct and proper. The computer in question is a Dell Latitude E7440....
  9. embedded OEM key

embedded OEM key: Windows 10 install will not accept my embedded product key. What do I do now?? 14313
  10. Win 10 with embedded keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 with embedded keys: With the Threshold 2 update, I understand Win 10 can use a Win 7 and 8 key code for activation. Will it read an embedded key and use it during the installation process? We have over 300 devices that came with Win 8 downgraded to Win 7. Due to a new application that requires a...