Windows 10: Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2?

Discus and support Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I upgraded to build 10240 today and hence have a clean Installation of Windows 10. This is instaled on an extra Partition of my 2nd harddisk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chatman, Jul 15, 2015.

1. chatman Win User

Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2?

Hi!

I upgraded to build 10240 today and hence have a clean Installation of Windows 10. This is instaled on an extra Partition of my 2nd harddisk while my live-System (Win 7) is on HD 1.
    The question is: could I use some clonig tool to copy the Windows 10 Partition to my 1st HD and therfore making it my live System without having to go trough the upgrade Win7/burn iso/make clean install - process on July 29th?

Thank you!

:)

chatman, Jul 15, 2015
  2. E_R_ Win User

Get Windows 10 App appears on old HD but not on the new HD

I have an old HD that I have Windows 7 Home SP1 installed. I reserved a copy of Windows 10 and see the "Get Windows 10" app on this old HD.

I bought a new SSD HD to replace the old HD and installed my Windows 7 Home SP1 and all updates to this HD but I do not get the "Get Windows 10" app symbol in my system tray. I have made sure all necessary updates have been done but still no luck.

I am not sure what to do because I do not want to upgrade to Windows 10 on the old HD but cant get the "Get Windows 10" to appear on the new HD.

3. Asrampd Win User
    Re-upgrade - following a reformat

HOW DO I - re-upgrade to Windows 10 on a PC where I have had to replace the failed HD ?

Having replaced the HD and used the Hewlett Packard System recovery disks

I Have no (Windows 7) Licence numbers as the HP PC came with the operating system (Windows 7) installed.

Thankyou

** Moved by Moderator from "Windows/Windows 7/Download, install, & activate" to "Windows/Windows 10/PC/Download, install, & activate" **

Asrampd, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2?

1. Replacing Windows 7 on HD 1 with Windows 10 on HD 2? - Similar Threads - Replacing

2. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  3. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  4. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  5. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  6. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!: I have been using Process Explorer for years, having it replace the Windows Task Manager. Every now and then usually during an update, Windows will revert to Task Manager, and I have to replace it again. Now, however, clicking on the Options/Replace Task Manager has no...
  8. Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!

Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!: I have been using Process Explorer for years, having it replace the Windows Task Manager. Every now and then usually during an update, Windows will revert to Task Manager, and I have to replace it again. Now, however, clicking on the Options/Replace Task Manager has no...
  9. How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...: When my computer crashed, Windows 11 was installed in the repair. I wish to return to Windows 10. How can I do this? Will I lose purchased apps? Is this a procedure a complete novice can do?...
  10. How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...: When my computer crashed, Windows 11 was installed in the repair. I wish to return to Windows 10. How can I do this? Will I lose purchased apps? Is this a procedure a complete novice can do?...