Windows 10: Replicatable unresponsive PC after resuming from suspend/standby Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Replicatable unresponsive PC after resuming from suspend/standby Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I manually installed 2004 and had this issue but had to rollback. Microsoft finally pushed it to my so I was hoping it was resolved. Unfortunately it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bunkermonster, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Replicatable unresponsive PC after resuming from suspend/standby Windows 10 2004

I manually installed 2004 and had this issue but had to rollback. Microsoft finally pushed it to my so I was hoping it was resolved. Unfortunately it wasn't.

I noticed that my PC constantly is unresponsive in an odd way after resuming from standby with 2004. When I sign back in the apps I had up are there but activity with them becomes "Not responding" when I try to say click on a link or close it, internet connectivity is lost but I can ping from command prompt.

I have to hard restart my PC to restore it (soft restart via start menu hangs).

Don't have too much on my pc besides some old video games, running Malwarebytes Pro and Samsung EVO SSD with their Samsung Magician with rapid driver.

I can consistently recreate this just by leaving my PC for a while so it turns off to low power then resuming.

submitted by /u/bunkermonster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bunkermonster, Jun 22, 2020

2. Resume/Suspend Process

Hi

In newer Windows 10 versions, windows automatically suspend processes if needed and resume them too.

I don't think you have a need to suspend them manually.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 22, 2020
  3. Pc will not wake up from Standby

i would suggest you check how it is set to resume from standby, does your monitor automatically power off when the computer is turned off or do you have to press the power button on the monitor itself?

jocksteeluk, Jun 22, 2020
  4. CDdude55 Win User

Replicatable unresponsive PC after resuming from suspend/standby Windows 10 2004

Resume from standby and i get BSODs.

Heres the info in it:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 4e
    BCP1: 0000000000000099
    BCP2: 000000000006730A
    BCP3: 0000000000000002
    BCP4: 0000000000067307
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-16972-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Philip\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24133-0.sysd

I get BSOD's alot of the time when my computer resumes from standby, but sometimes its something different, like the last time it i resumed from standby and got a BSOD it was a "Memory Management" BSOD. But this one was a "PFN list Corrupt" BSOD. I did use the Windows RAM tester, but it showed no errors. BUT, the second time i did the test, it froze up in the middle of testing and i had to restart my system.(by shutting it off through the PSU switch)

My system runs stable in games and everything tho.

CDdude55, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Replicatable unresponsive PC after resuming from suspend/standby Windows 10 2004

1. Replicatable unresponsive PC after resuming from suspend/standby Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Replicatable unresponsive resuming

2. Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it: This happens to many hundreds of our enterprise devices every month, after a cumulative update is installed on Windows. Bitlocker becomes suspended for multiple reboots. Ultimately, I'd like to solve the root of the problem by eliminating the suspension over several reboots....
  3. Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby: Hi everyone. When I wake my laptop from sleep S3, not modern standby everything starts working but the screen does not automatically turn on if I do not move the mouse/trackpad; then, everuthing works just fine. I have noticed that the screen does automatically turn on if a...
  4. SOLVED: Bluetooth Mouse, Webcam not working after resume from Standby!

SOLVED: Bluetooth Mouse, Webcam not working after resume from Standby!: Hi all! I was struggling with my Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse not connecting after my Inspiron 13 7306 was waking from Standby. It showed as connected, but didn't respond. Also, I was getting weird, intermittent problems with the built-in IR camera and night...
  5. Windows 10 2004 doesn't respect downloading, just go suspend (standby)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 doesn't respect downloading, just go suspend (standby): Before 2004, Windows 10 won't go suspend (standby), if I'm watching video in full screen or downloading files wirelessly. Now it just go straight sleep. Do you have this problem? submitted by /u/extrafungi [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 (2004) Unresponsive After Waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (2004) Unresponsive After Waking: I am running Windows 10 (2004) on a custom built machine, mobo ASRock Z370 Pro4 with the latest BIOS. I've never had problems updating Windows 10 to the latest until the May 2020 update. Now whenever I wake the system from sleep or, it seems, I switch between users, the...
  7. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled): [ATTACH] Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909. I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly, fans would start up every so often, laptop would suddenly wake up completely with screen coming on, closing the lid would wake...
  8. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  9. Resume/Suspend Process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...
  10. From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...

From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...: Hey guys. New to these forums, long time computer nerd scratching my head how to troubleshoot this one. My Asus ROG G750JS is a great machine ... Just updated to the anniversary update... This problem has been something ive struggled with endlessly. My laptop support...