Windows 10: Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?

Discus and support Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to get back to the Window 7/WinXP behavior of Recent Documents on the Start menu. I liked being able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joe Weinmunson, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to get back to the Window 7/WinXP behavior of Recent Documents on the Start menu. I liked being able to click the Start button, then just choose from a list of the most recent files from a jump list. I work with a number of different file formats throughout the day, saving them in different client folders. I understand that Microsoft has moved towards using the Recent Items view in a File Explorer window, but that means I always need to open yet another window, double-click the file I want, and close it when I'm done. Is there any way to just get it back to a jump list?

:)

Joe Weinmunson, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Mesh User Win User

Karens Replicator 3.6.9 not working after Win 10 updated 16/4/17

Glad to see that this is not a hardware problem. Perhaps caused by incompatibility between Replicator and a recent Win10 update?

On Win7, Replicator continues to work properly. However on Win10 it fails to copy files from the root directory of the source folder, and deletes those files from the destination folder. Not good!

Anyone else having the same issue? I don't want to give up Replicator after all these years, but need to get past this problem.

Mesh User, Aug 14, 2016
  3. How to Prevent IE from Automatically Logging In to Office 365

Thx. Tried this. No difference. This behavior only on IE11, not on other browsers. Only in Win10, not on Win7. Started recently, but nothing changed on my end.

PeterH_077, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?

Hey,

I'm not sure if Classic Shell has this opent, but in Windows 10 by default you haven't as fair I know.

Dropbox, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?

1. Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents? - Similar Threads - Replicate Win7 behavior

2. Erractic behavior after recent Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erractic behavior after recent Updates: I am getting very frustrated. For the past month; I have been experiencing very erratic behavior with my Desktop PC, after doing a series of recent Windows 11 Updates. I am uncertain which one; because there have been quite a few in the past few months. I have a HP Omen 30...
  3. Windows 10/11 trying to replicate behavior on desktop to network share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 trying to replicate behavior on desktop to network share: Every time I try to move a file to my desktop or around on my desktop, it tries to sync the change to a network share i have but do not any longer resulting in considerable lag.How do i figure out where this behavior is configured?...
  4. Windows 10/11 trying to replicate behavior on desktop to network share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 trying to replicate behavior on desktop to network share: Every time I try to move a file to my desktop or around on my desktop, it tries to sync the change to a network share i have but do not any longer resulting in considerable lag.How do i figure out where this behavior is configured?...
  5. Odd behavior of Windows 10 recently...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd behavior of Windows 10 recently...: Recently my Windows 10 Pro has started placing an icon in the system tray area on startup. Not sure if this just started after recent updates but it has never happened before. It is very annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Thanks....
  6. Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able): I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004 build on several laptops . Now a certain game from store asked for being updated to run , so I managed to set it to update which required a download of 2.7 GBs from store , so whilst midway I thought why not check for all apps that needs...
  7. recent document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent document: I cannot find a word doc I worked on yesterday and saved in two places. I cannot find any tab that says "recent documents" Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-document/842b5589-d331-4572-91da-1ad14b6e3f81"
  8. Recent changes in appearance and behavior of laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent changes in appearance and behavior of laptop: Two days ago the tabs on my laptop became large and gray-blue (difficult for my eyes) and now when I turn it on the last tab I closed before shutting down comes up. The last update was 5 days ago. Is there someway to put things back as before?...
  9. start button behavior win7 vs. win10

in Windows 10 Support
    start button behavior win7 vs. win10: in win7, pushing the start button and typing would bring up (immediately) a list of hits among the installed programs. in win10, doing the above retrieves search results from the internet (with some latency), and only then brings up any installed programs (with even more...
  10. Recent Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Documents: Is there was way to set up Win 10 so I can find /view recent documents as was the case in Win 7? 27016