Windows 10: Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V

Discus and support Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community, I'm the new system administrator in my small organization, and I think I made a mistake with my purchase.. I have DL360... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrTech92, Feb 14, 2019.

1. MrTech92 Win User

Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V

Hello Microsoft community, I'm the new system administrator in my small organization, and I think I made a mistake with my purchase..

I have DL360 Server with 12cpus which runs 7 VM's on Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V And Power Edge T420 (both servers have expired warranty for a long time).

Recently I purchased Precision 5820 which can carry the 7 VM's

My Precision 5820 is running Win10..

And I want to run Hyper-V on this PC that can replicate from my old servers

Is it possible? or I need to return my Precision 5820 that has return item policy?

sorry for my bad english

:)

MrTech92, Feb 14, 2019

2. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Hi,

I'm performing initial testing with Hyper-V on an Hp DL360 gen 10 server. The first ethernet port is in use by the main Win 2016 OS installed on the server. I'd like to use one of the 3 available ethernet ports to act as the network/internet connect for
    the Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It will sit on the same VLAN as the main server connection and the Ip address in Hyper-V will be a static IP address.

I've been walking through the Hyper V instructions to set up a virtual switch using the selected port, but havent' been successful in setting the network in the VM as desired. In Virtual switch manager, i created a new swtich and de-selected the option
    for "Allow management operating system to share the network adapter. However, I've been unable to get a network connection in the VM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

kevinmmscommunity, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Replicating DL360 Hyper

2. Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server: Hi AllI have a problem on the Hyper V of replication traffic. I search many KB or the articles in the internet and there are no official information on how to isolate the Hyper V replication traffic Does it anyone know how to configure it for the Hyper V Server 2012R2 and...
  3. Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server: Hi AllI have a problem on the Hyper V of replication traffic. I search many KB or the articles in the internet and there are no official information on how to isolate the Hyper V replication traffic Does it anyone know how to configure it for the Hyper V Server 2012R2 and...
  4. Hyper-v replication speed is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-v replication speed is slow: Hello. We are using Windows server 2019 with the latest updates. We have two servers .On the first name 1 we have several virtual machines running through Hyper-v. We have set up replication of these machines to a second server name2. Everything is working successfully, but...
  5. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  6. No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, using Hyper-V, with a VM that is running Windows 10. I've already read Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode - Turn On or Off (referred to in several other related articles) and neither...
  7. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  8. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  9. Hyper-V & Win10 #2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10 #2: Is there a way to create a Desktop shortcut to the Hyper-V Windows 10 Client so when I double click it I launch Windows 10 under Hyper-V? I've seen suggestions for Powershell and VB scripts, none of which I could get to work. 2338
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...