Windows 10: [REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome"

Discus and support [REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just came across this report. 120607 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hello10, Oct 28, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

[REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome"

Just came across this report.

:)

hello10, Oct 28, 2018

2. Possible malware connected to Bing searches

We suggest that you submit this behavior using the feedback hub, share your suggestions or problems like ‘possible malware connected
    to Bing searches’, and then upvote one of the reports.

Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 28, 2018
  3. msplace Win User
    Possible malware connected to Bing searches

I've had repeated malware turn up on my PC, each time quarantined by Defender until removal. The file is something like RoguetechjsA (or ending in E or F). It turns up again until an offline scan is run which finds the infected file that keeps letting
    in this malware. Defender identifies it as a Trojan Horse type.

What has caused me to wonder if it is somehow connected to Bing, is a strong coincidence -- each time it's happened has been after a Bing search. I don't search the internet on a regular basis, but had on several occasions recently searching for rolls of
    a discontinued wallpaper. What brought Bing to mind was that not only had I used it to search, but after the last malware attack, I had gone a week free of having the malware turn up -- until I ran another Bing search trying to find info on an over the counter
    anti inflammatory for cats. And the malware turned up again. I removed it again and did an offline scan that found another infected file. Two days and no Bing searches later, no malware attack so far.

Is it possible for malware to do something like this? I know phish attacks can be hooked into search engines, either by redirection when going to a web page from a search result, or by somehow hooking into search keywords. Once tried to go to a page on
    search results for pond fish food and instead had an official looking 'FBI' web page appear telling me that 'for security reasons your computer has been locked and all your files encrypted' and to click yes to go to the FBI page where I could prove my identity
    and they would unlock my PC. Clicking no brought up 'are you sure?' dialog that couldn't be cancelled. Had to use Task Manager to shut down this preposterous scam. The other phish resulted, ironically, when the keyword security was accidentally searched
    (clicked on it from drop down list by accident). Instead of search results, I got an official looking dialog box that Windows had detected a virus penetration of the firewall (there was a techie sounding file name) and had locked my computer and I must immediately
    call the number on screen for MS to access my computer and clear the virus. They were 'honest' enough to say there'd be a small fee -- might not have been so small but either way they'd have your credit card number immediately and access to your PC later.
    It most certainly wasn't initiated by Microsoft. I immediately used Task Manager to shut down that too.

msplace, Oct 28, 2018
  4. [REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome"

Manage search & Bing settings

I don't believe those settings will do anything unless your signed into Bing and Cortana is on.
    All that does is open Bing settings so there's the catch pushing you to be signed in

Funny you don't show all of the wonderful suggested sites above Bing image of the day *Tongue
    Right now unless signed in it's a search box you can not control the extra content in = bites.

ThrashZone, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

[REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome"

1. [REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome" - Similar Threads - REPORT Bing Pushing

2. How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser: Hello,I am looking to learn how to remove Bing hijack from my Google Chrome browser. It won't let me install an extension blocker because it changes it to Google Translate and I can't install the Guardio blocker when I use incognito mode - which is the only way to stop the...
  3. How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Bing hijack malware from Google Chrome browser: Hello,I am looking to learn how to remove Bing hijack from my Google Chrome browser. It won't let me install an extension blocker because it changes it to Google Translate and I can't install the Guardio blocker when I use incognito mode - which is the only way to stop the...
  4. BING Search brings old website infected/compromized with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BING Search brings old website infected/compromized with Malware: Question: How do I contact the proper people/forum to the issue that follows?The issue below may be a BING AD site issue and the problem is that the previous owner no longer owns the business Defunct and I have found the website is for sale. The BING search brings up the site...
  5. Bing search history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search history: Hi, Actually, I have a problem, I actually want to delete my search history of bing, and when I delete by pressing a clear button and when I sign out it is again coming and how many times I delete still it is the same. Please help me out in this issue. and my laptop is dell...
  6. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  7. Chrome Popup malware??

Chrome Popup malware??: There are popups in the lower right hand of my computer that popup while I'm on the computer. I've already disabled the popups in the settings of chrome. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. Any suggestions? [IMG]...
  8. How to Remove bing provided search Malware

How to Remove bing provided search Malware: how remove the malware [Original Title: bingprovidedseach] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-provided-search-malware/6d74639d-b879-48ec-9a97-af00a94f1b06
  9. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  10. Visual Search from Bing now lets you search what you see

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Search from Bing now lets you search what you see: Today we're launching new intelligent Visual Search capabilities that build upon the visual technology already in Bing so you can search the web using your camera. Now you can search, shop, and learn more about your world through the photos you take. These new Visual Search...