Windows 10: Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux

Discus and support Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Historically, Windows was not designed for security, but Microsoft became more serious about security with Windows XP, which included a wide range of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 9, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux

Historically, Windows was not designed for security, but Microsoft became more serious about security with Windows XP, which included a wide range of security features and a powerful firewall.

In response to growing security concerns, Microsoft also started updating Windows with more security and privacy features, but Windows remains a big target because it powers the vast majority of the personal and business computers.

One Linux advantage over Windows 10 is that it is more secure, but Linux systems are by no means infallible and recent data from the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s National Vulnerability Database appears to confirm it.

As per the data, Debian Linux had the most security vulnerabilities of any OS during 1999-2019. During this period, 3,067 vulnerabilities were reported in Debian Linux and 2,007 in Ubuntu. On the other hand, Windows 7 was plagued with 1,283 vulnerabilities and 1,111 vulnerabilities were discovered in Windows 10.

It’s also worth noting that Debian Linux says its community usually fixes the vulnerabilities within a few days. Windows users, on the other hand, sometimes have to wait for a month.

Things have, however, changed with time.

Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux Vulnerabilities-report.jpg
    Image Courtesy: TheBestVPN

In 2019, Android topped the chart with 414 vulnerabilities with Debian Linux just behind at 360 and Windows 10 at 357.

What’s notable for Windows 10 is that these numbers are actually low for Windows 7. In 2019, for example, 250 vulnerabilities were discovered in Windows 7 and 357 in Windows 10.

It’s important to understand that many vulnerabilities on computers stem from hardware components such as chipsets and drivers, and not due to the OS itself. Many Windows vulnerabilities are aimed at businesses, so some may not have a bad impact for end users after all.

In related news, we’re some hours away from the Patch Tuesday and Microsoft is expected to roll out cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Office prpducts with security fixes.

The post Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 9, 2020
  2. blckwlf Win User

debian linux

can anyone tell me wats the best version of debian to download for an old gateway solo laptop with windows 98 and a pentium 2 processer and where/how to get that version of debian linux

blckwlf, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux

debian linux

Since you have a computer that old, you should run DSL (damn small linux) it will run faster than old distros of debian can.

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux

1. Report: Windows had fewer vulnerabilities than Debian Linux - Similar Threads - Report fewer vulnerabilities

2. How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12: So I had previously installed Debian 12 and decided to re-install windows 11, the computer came with windows 10 before Debian. My problem comes when I insert the Bootable drive, I have 3 partitions EFI - 512 MbDisk - 237 GB - GPT formatLinux Swap- 977 MbWindows installation...
  3. Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report: Kindly help to share the step to remediate this findings on our windows 10.1. Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration - #Ensure that any services that contain a space in the path enclose the path in quotes. NWSAPAutoWorkstationUpdateSvc : C:\Program Files...
  4. Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report: Kindly help to share the step to remediate this findings on our windows 10.1. Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration - #Ensure that any services that contain a space in the path enclose the path in quotes. NWSAPAutoWorkstationUpdateSvc : C:\Program Files...
  5. Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  7. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  8. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...: Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they use the source code of Debian? Or they use source code and Kernel of Linux?...
  10. Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...: Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they use the source code of Debian? Or they use source code and Kernel of Linux?...