Windows 10: Reporting a bug that crashes system when xbox one controller is low on batteries (windows 10)

Discus and support Reporting a bug that crashes system when xbox one controller is low on batteries (windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I'd like to report a bug that crashes the computer when the xbox one controller is low on batteries. Hoping it will be fixed in a future... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MorgothBauglir89898989, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Reporting a bug that crashes system when xbox one controller is low on batteries (windows 10)

Hello.

I'd like to report a bug that crashes the computer when the xbox one controller is low on batteries.

Hoping it will be fixed in a future update, thank you.

:)

MorgothBauglir89898989, Sep 28, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Reporting a bug that crashes system when xbox one controller is low on batteries (windows 10)

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Reporting a bug that crashes system when xbox one controller is low on batteries (windows 10)

1. Reporting a bug that crashes system when xbox one controller is low on batteries (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Reporting bug crashes

2. Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug Report: Win 10 Battery Life Settings screen: My laptop is always plugged in when not in use. Yesterday I was working on battery power & battery reached 10% in less than two hours. OK, maybe I need to replace the battery. Today I worked briefly on battery power, and in less than 10 minutes battery was down to 88% and...
  3. Xbox one controller on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller on windows 10: My pc quit detecting my Xbox One controller 3.5mm audio input when connected via USB. I normally only connect wired but after setting up bluetooth connection, even after forgetting the bluetooth device, the audio capabilities options have completely disappeared. Ive tried...
  4. battery low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery low: I no longer get a on screen message telling me my battery is low at 15% and laptop shall shutdown shortly, cant find how to get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-low/995134fc-40ca-4647-a4b7-dc7088804764
  5. low performance when battery is disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low performance when battery is disconnected: Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow up. So, is windows reducing performance because its not detecting any battery? Or do my laptop needs the battery to perform...
  6. Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in: Hi people, So recently I've noticed a huge bug when it comes to the Xbox One controller. When i plug in the controller to my Windows 10 PC, I notice everything slowing down a little bit. The system becomes noticeably laggy. To further prove that this is the controller,...
  7. Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller: Hello, I've noticed whenever I try plugging in my Xbox one controller, the computer suddenly crashes, it's booted and I've plugged it in multiple times and it just keeps crashing. I think it's a driver error but I'm not sure where it is in the device manager and how to fix...
  8. Xbox One Controller Issue in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Issue in Windows 10: Hello, I have been using a Xbox One Controller connected by an USB cable. My controler is of the ones that are Bluetooth compatible and have a port for headphones. It have always worked perfectly. But recently I had an issue with a game that wasnt recognizing it. Trying to...
  9. Xbox one controller multiple systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller multiple systems?: Can I use the same Xbox one controller on both the Xbox one and our pc? I'd like to use it across both systems (not at the same time) but is this ultimately going to confuse the controller? I don't fancy having to keep re syncing/pairing the controller to the Xbox one...
  10. Bug Reporting

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug Reporting: I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug and not my system or something I did. Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft had this too? I mean does "check for solutions"...