Windows 10: Reporting a PFN List Corrupt error BSOD, occurring immediately after KB2267602 update, ran SFC

Discus and support Reporting a PFN List Corrupt error BSOD, occurring immediately after KB2267602 update, ran SFC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ran the SFC in a command prompt window per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geoffrey Starr, May 9, 2020.

1. Reporting a PFN List Corrupt error BSOD, occurring immediately after KB2267602 update, ran SFC

Ran the SFC in a command prompt window per https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system after my Laptop BSOD'ed today May 9th around the same time as KB2267602 was downloaded by windows update and am reporting to start a trail, in case it gets worse or a faulty update is responsible.

The event 1001 Bug Check shows:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x000000000000009a, 0x0000000000315321, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b445dce0-255f-4744-b122-60a36d1e6cdc

The PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bug check has a value of 0x0000004E.

Hoping ssomone can help me run down these witch look to be arguments or data values:
    0x000000000000009a

0x0000000000315321

0x0000000000000002

Additionally : Currently getting told I lack the permissions to open the memory dump file with the on and administrator account on the laptops Windows 10 OS

:)

Geoffrey Starr, May 9, 2020
  2. Sandry Win User

Repeated BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal- Pfn list corrupt - ntkrnlmp.exe

Over the last week or so I've been having BSOD crashes at random intervals. Sometimes they seem to occur when my laptop has been asleep, or when it wakes up, but other times when I'm using it. When it crashes, I haven't been doing anything more strenuous than watching BBCV Iplayer on it. On some occasions it cites irq_not_less_or_equal as a problem, on others it cites pfn list corrupt and on yet other still it just says that it's collecting data and restarting and doesn't offer anything helpful.

I've tried removing the Nvidia Drivers and installing the latest version as suggested in a similar thread, but it hasn't stopped the crashes. Tonight I downloaded and ran "WhoCrashed" to see if I could glean anything useful, but other than pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe repeatedly and suggesting that I might have more luck with the pro version (no kidding!?), it didn't leave me any the wiser.

I've attached the report from WhoCrashed on the off chance that it's useful and I've attached the debug file hoping that someone that knows better what to look for will be able to offer advice.

Many thanks,

~

Sandry, May 9, 2020
  3. Nebster Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD PFN list corrupt

I was playing a game on ma notebook with Windows 10 when after 5 - 10 minutes I got BSOD and the notebook turned off instead of restarting.

This happened 3 times and I was not able to turn it on for about 5 minutes after each BSOD, so my first thought was that it overheated.

After third BSOD I checked the error message and it was saying: PFN LIST CORRUPT

My notebook is ASUS G56JR with Kingstom SSDNOW V300 as System drive.

Nebster, May 9, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Reporting a PFN List Corrupt error BSOD, occurring immediately after KB2267602 update, ran SFC

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Reporting a PFN List Corrupt error BSOD, occurring immediately after KB2267602 update, ran SFC

1. Reporting a PFN List Corrupt error BSOD, occurring immediately after KB2267602 update, ran SFC - Similar Threads - Reporting PFN List

2. BSOD pfn list corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD pfn list corrupt: Howdy folks, thanks in advance for your support!About this past month, i've experiences BSODS such as PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a.Initially I attributed this to degradation in my RAM, but after testing Windows memory diagnostic and leaving it to run overnight with...
  3. BSOD pfn list corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD pfn list corrupt: Howdy folks, thanks in advance for your support!About this past month, i've experiences BSODS such as PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a.Initially I attributed this to degradation in my RAM, but after testing Windows memory diagnostic and leaving it to run overnight with...
  4. PFN list Corrupt.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PFN list Corrupt.: I've been receiving this error for some time, but it is becoming more and more further I have already done a reformat, I was using a Noname off brand SSD and since upgraded now to a Samsung evo 1TB. and still pops up. it only happens on pc shut down or reboot and weird enough...
  5. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT: Today I faced BSOD on my laptop. Specs: i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB AMD GPU. BSOD STOP CODE: PFN LIST CORRUPT Onedrive link for Minidump and msinfo32 files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlS-d0Mh6mPMn2kTYDoVPumYZToO?e=E6XLjZ...
  6. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT: Today I faced BSOD on my laptop. Specs: i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB AMD GPU. BSOD STOP CODE: PFN LIST CORRUPT Onedrive link for Minidump and msinfo32 files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlS-d0Mh6mPMn2kTYDoVPumYZToO?e=E6XLjZ...
  7. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PFN List Corrupt BSOD

PFN List Corrupt BSOD: Hello,I have a very frustrating issue--every time I reboot or shut down, windows throws a BSOD with a description of "PFN LIST CORRUPT." Windows is up to date; I have run SFC/SCANNOW with no problems found. antivirus is corporate-enforced so I can't do anything with that,...
  9. PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD Error: I recently downloaded Ryzen Master and had a stable overclock for a few hours one night. When I booted up my PC the next morning (the OC was undone upon a restart as usual) I started noticing issues (like games crashing) so I uninstalled Ryzen Master. It was working fine for...
  10. BSOD PFN List Corrupt

BSOD PFN List Corrupt: It seemed to have happened i'm pretty sure after updating the chipset drivers, I get a "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" bsod Here is the dmp files, system specs, & msinfo https://www.dropbox.com/s/551rhbmtsqpy3nz/Kit.zip?dl=0...
Tags: