Windows 10: Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

Discus and support Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We've had quite a few scam-phishing phone calls to our landline, showing that number and the recorded name says Allison calling from Microsoft. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sandra and MichaelMyers, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

We've had quite a few scam-phishing phone calls to our landline, showing that number and the recorded name says Allison calling from Microsoft. I've heard it a few times and something about the license expiring. I know Microsoft doesn't call and when a product is up for renewal, they send an email. I want to report this to their corporate security people. How do I do that?

This is to a landline phone and not anything related to the computers. I'm not having an easy time finding about how to go about reporting this.

:)

Sandra and MichaelMyers, Mar 26, 2021

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 26, 2021
  3. StefanoTamiotti, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

Phishing scams.

Where are you seeing the phishing links?

If in a browser then use an adblocker (for Edge I recommend Adguard & Ghostery, for others use AdBlock plus).

If these don’t help you might be infected.

If they’re within emails you can report these to your ISP, if the phishers are using Yahoo, Gmail or hotmail/outlook accounts then you can report them to the respective provider - usually they have a specific email address to send these to.

MS:

Open the phishing email you want to report in Outlook.com.

Click the down arrow next to Junk in the Outlook.com toolbar.

Select Phishing scam from the drop-down menu that appears.

Yahoo:

Locate the phishing email in your inbox, trash or spam folder and click the selection box next to it. Click the chevron next to "Spam" on the toolbar. Don't click "Spam" directly or the message will simply be marked as spam and moved to your Spam folder. Click
    "Report a Phishing Scam" on the menu that appears.

Gmail:

On a computer, go to Gmail.

Open the message.

Next to Reply Reply, click More More.

Note: If you're using classic Gmail, click the Down arrow Down Arrow.

Click Report phishing.

Time Lady, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

1. Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Reporting scam phishing

2. Phishing Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing Scam: Hi team, Wondering what to do since I clicked on the link provided in this email. I entered my phone number and password. BUT I did change my outlook account password after I realized that it was a scam and did a virus scan which came up clean. I'm still concerned as I gave...
  3. Phishing Scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing Scam: Hi team, Wondering what to do since I clicked on the link provided in this email. I entered my phone number and password. BUT I did change my outlook account password after I realized that it was a scam and did a virus scan which came up clean. I'm still concerned as I gave...
  4. Is this a phishing scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a phishing scam?: Hi I got an E-mail from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***'It says: Some of your saved passwords were found onlineThen it gave my gmail accountThen it says:One or more of the passwords stored in your Google Account was found in a data breach from a site or app that...
  5. Phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing scam: What is the Microsoft address to forward phishing scams to please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phishing-scam/c95d9a0e-0ae7-49b4-b3f8-3cea8a0f7c87
  6. Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call

Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call: Today I have already received two calls originating from my Voicemail telling me that my Microsoft account and licensing agreement was going to be terminated because my URL has been compromised in several countries. Just wanted to put it up here in case it happens to anyone...
  7. Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: I just had a call from 0208 313 9626 (a London Number) from an Asian accented man claiming to be from Microsoft and he was calling me regarding a virus on my PC - I hung up (but not before this guy was shouting at me down the phone not to hang up and do what he said!!). When...
  8. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft: I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls. Today, I received a different approach: "I am calling from Microsoft (foreign accent). The company that fixed your computer...
  9. Phishing scams.

Phishing scams.: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....
  10. phishing scam

phishing scam: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....