Windows 10: Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

Discus and support Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TravisJHicks, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has broken our device compatibility due to erroneous driver selection. How am I supposed to report this to Microsoft? I've reported through the Feedback Hub app, but I feel like there must be a better channel for higher-priority issues like this.

:)

TravisJHicks, Sep 16, 2019

2. Lenovo is the Greenest Electronics Manufacturer

Greenpeace has produced a new report in which it ranks Chinese-based computer manufacturer Lenovo as the world’s most eco-friendly electronics firm, beating other environmentally friendly companies such as Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Dell and Samsung. Out of the fourteen different companies detailed in the report, Apple Inc. came last. The companies are ranked according to the amount of toxic chemicals that are used when producing their electronics, not how energy efficient the devices themselves are, something that is beginning to become a major problem in countries such as China where many of these electronic devices are manufactured. Unsurprisingly, Apple responded by saying “We disagree with Greenpeace's rating and the criteria" as part of a statement.

Here’s the list in whole, with each company’s score out of ten:
    • Lenovo – 8
    • Nokia – 7.3
    • Sony/Ericsson – 7
    • Dell – 7
    • Samsung – 6.3
    • Motorola – 6.3
    • Fujitsu/Siemens – 6
    • Hewlett Packard – 5.6
    • Acer – 5.3
    • Toshiba – 4.3
    • Sony – 4
    • LG Electronics – 3.6
    • Panasonic – 3.6
    • Apple - 2.7
    Source: BBC News

Jimmy 2004, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

Read more: Doubling battery power of consumer electronics | MIT News

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

Read more: Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

1. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer - Similar Threads - Reporting bugs both

2. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  3. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  4. report a bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    report a bug: bug ? .. regarding windows 10 file explorer. sorry for the grammar .. I am 80 and i have arthritis in my hands so i try to minimize typing. when a new version of my vb.net desktop application is run for the first time it does the following. 1 .. the program deletes any old...
  5. Bug Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report: Hello My Self Neeraj From India Here Is A Big Bug On Your Windows 10 Oprating System win10 is not working perfactly in acer aspire E5-573Gin this laptop touchpad not working in windows 10 but its work perfactly in windows 7 here is no any driver issue i was try many of ways...
  6. How to report a bug to Windows Developers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to report a bug to Windows Developers?: Hi, How and where can I report a bug to Windows Developers about Regedit.exe "export" feature, related to the creation of a malformed .reg file? Thanks....
  7. Reporting bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reporting bugs: I am currently running Windows 10 verison 20H2 and I am unable to connect to my mobile hotspot sometimes, it says "Unable to connect to this network, also Settings app freezes when we click on System....
  8. Report a bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Report a bug: Hi all, I already posted before regarding frequent BSOD and unexpected crashing where we found out that the main cause was the RAM. We already replaced the RAM and when I turned on the PC, prior to logging in another BSOD event happened. It was pointing to the following...
  9. Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

in Windows 10 News
    Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers: A critical vulnerability affecting Electron desktop apps has been disclosed. Electron is a node.js, V8, and Chromium framework created for the development of cross-platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. Compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows operating...
  10. Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

in Windows 10 News
    Doubling battery power of consumer electronics: An MIT spinout is preparing to commercialize a novel rechargable lithium metal battery that offers double the energy capacity of the lithium ion batteries that power many of today’s consumer electronics. Founded in 2012 by MIT alumnus and former postdoc Qichao Hu ’07,...