Windows 10: Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

Discus and support Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TravisJHicks, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has broken our device compatibility due to erroneous driver selection. How am I supposed to report this to Microsoft? I've reported through the Feedback Hub app, but I feel like there must be a better channel for higher-priority issues like this.

:)

TravisJHicks, Sep 16, 2019

2. Lenovo is the Greenest Electronics Manufacturer

Greenpeace has produced a new report in which it ranks Chinese-based computer manufacturer Lenovo as the world’s most eco-friendly electronics firm, beating other environmentally friendly companies such as Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Dell and Samsung. Out of the fourteen different companies detailed in the report, Apple Inc. came last. The companies are ranked according to the amount of toxic chemicals that are used when producing their electronics, not how energy efficient the devices themselves are, something that is beginning to become a major problem in countries such as China where many of these electronic devices are manufactured. Unsurprisingly, Apple responded by saying “We disagree with Greenpeace's rating and the criteria" as part of a statement.

Here’s the list in whole, with each company’s score out of ten:
    • Lenovo – 8
    • Nokia – 7.3
    • Sony/Ericsson – 7
    • Dell – 7
    • Samsung – 6.3
    • Motorola – 6.3
    • Fujitsu/Siemens – 6
    • Hewlett Packard – 5.6
    • Acer – 5.3
    • Toshiba – 4.3
    • Sony – 4
    • LG Electronics – 3.6
    • Panasonic – 3.6
    • Apple - 2.7
    Source: BBC News

Jimmy 2004, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

Read more: Doubling battery power of consumer electronics | MIT News

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

Read more: Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

1. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer - Similar Threads - Reporting bugs both

2. Win10 bug report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 bug report: Greetings! In case of using multiple desktops on your OS, my laptop can't decide where to address play/pause function button (FN+function_key, in my case F10). Sometimes it's applied on WMP, sometimes on last opened instance of YouTube inside of a Chrome browser. Where to...
  3. Powershell bug reporting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell bug reporting: Hi - unfortunately feedback hub is disabled at my work so I can't report this directly, but if someone can report if for me? Consider the following really simple code: Try { Copy-Item -Path '\\server\g$\thisfolder\thisfiledoesntexist.ini' -Destination 'c:\temp'...
  4. UI bug report

in Windows 10 Customization
    UI bug report: My windows runs at resolution of 1920 x 1080 with "text, apps and other items" at 125% and orientation as landscape. After running any fullscreen application in other resolutions (tested with 1366x768 and 1280x960) than the native the small view that shows hidden apps does...
  5. Bug Report Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report Task Manager: This bug was introduced in Windows 1809 (Redstone 5 Oct 2018 Update). The Task Manager reports total CPU use correctly, as is confirmed by the Resource Monitor. The Resource Monitor reports CPU usage by individual apps correctly but the Task Manager does not. Instead the Task...
  6. Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

in Windows 10 News
    Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers: A critical vulnerability affecting Electron desktop apps has been disclosed. Electron is a node.js, V8, and Chromium framework created for the development of cross-platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. Compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows operating...
  7. Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers: Skype brings together hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. The amazing connection that Skype brings to so many people inspired us to think about the next platform shift, to conversation as a platform. Today we are introducing Skype Bots—a new way to...
  8. Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs: Consumer Reports stops recommending Microsoft Surface PCs over reliability concerns Consumer Reports is stripping its "recommended" badge from Microsoft’s entire lineup of Surface PCs because the hardware was found to be "significantly less reliable than most other...
  9. Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

in Windows 10 News
    Doubling battery power of consumer electronics: An MIT spinout is preparing to commercialize a novel rechargable lithium metal battery that offers double the energy capacity of the lithium ion batteries that power many of today’s consumer electronics. Founded in 2012 by MIT alumnus and former postdoc Qichao Hu ’07,...
  10. Bug Reporting

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug Reporting: I Just received this Email from Canonical on a bug I reported awhile back and subscribed to and it's a confirmation that the crash was related to a bug and not my system or something I did. Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft had this too? I mean does "check for solutions"...