Windows 10: reporting fraudulent activity

Discus and support reporting fraudulent activity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do you report fraudulent activity... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DickBarr, Mar 26, 2021.

1. DickBarr Win User

reporting fraudulent activity

how do you report fraudulent activity

:)

DickBarr, Mar 26, 2021

2. Fraudulent Activity

Hi,

Can anyone help me with how I contact someone at Microsoft to report fraudulent activity? it appears a payment has been taken from my debit card totalling £89.99. I have never actually purchased anything from Microsoft, so i can only assume someone has used
    my card fraudulently. I have contacted the bank to cancel the card, but obviously need a refund from Microsoft of the amount. I have tried to use the website, but i cant find anything to report such an instance.

Thank you

MoiMacDonald, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Mar 26, 2021
  4. reporting fraudulent activity

Child Activity Report

Hello Tareq,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your account or to your computer prior to this?
    • Which email address did you use when you've set up the Family Safety?

To make sure, I suggest that your follow these steps and see if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Find your child's name and select Activity.
    • If Activity reporting is turned Off, use the switch to turn it
      On.

Note: If you don't want to get weekly activity reports in your email, but still want to see your child's online activity, switch Email me weekly reports from On to Off.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

reporting fraudulent activity

1. reporting fraudulent activity - Similar Threads - reporting fraudulent activity

2. Fraudulent Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fraudulent Activity: I would like to speak to someone about the fraudulent activity on my Microsoft account please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fraudulent-activity/32720113-1fd5-4c23-b4de-b089dc5e3fbd
  3. Fraudulent Activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraudulent Activity: I would like to speak to someone about the fraudulent activity on my Microsoft account please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fraudulent-activity/32720113-1fd5-4c23-b4de-b089dc5e3fbd
  4. Fraudulent Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  6. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician: My computer was locked by Microsoft and it said to call 888 552 6104 I spoke with the senior technician Ethan Scott who was very helpful and assisted with several scans, especially with the ip information. I have been having many problems with hacking affecting financial info...
  7. Report a fraudulent Microsoft Technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Report a fraudulent virus warning. Help required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report a fraudulent virus warning. Help required.: Report a fraudulent virus warning. Help required. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/report-a-fraudulent-virus-warning-help-required/8142ae9d-c885-4cb1-87af-b6b739db8911
  9. Fraudulent activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fraudulent activity: Last week I had two transactions in my bank account that I did not recognize. When I went to one of the websites to see if I could speak to someone about the transaction before clicking on the website, I noticed it said scam, so I immediately called my bank and cancelled my...
  10. Fraudulent activity

Fraudulent activity: Last week I had two transactions in my bank account that I did not recognize. When I went to one of the websites to see if I could speak to someone about the transaction before clicking on the website, I noticed it said scam, so I immediately called my bank and cancelled my...