Windows 10: reporting phishing emails

Discus and support reporting phishing emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys and Gals, Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Whatsisname, Nov 24, 2018.

1. reporting phishing emails

Hi Guys and Gals,

Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail

Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti phishing.org, NFIB (London Police anti fraud), or any number of banking organisations etc that an email might purport to be from, forwarding as an attachment fails at the server due to the return email being too long, even if I break the message apart. The anti phishing organisations will only recieve suspect emails in an attachment for obvious reasons of sandbagging.

I am very aware of misrepresentation in the senders real return path from properties>details>message source, so I am quite reluctant at being unable to send those on for perusal.

I am loath to save the email to my computer so as to send it off in some other guise in case it automatically runs some malware.

Is there a safe way of overcoming a senders clever ruses so that they can be wrapped in an attachment and be forwarded back through the mail servers, after all they managed to sneak by into my spam box.

I had thought to send these emails in plain text but that would lose formatting, would that be fully of use to the antiphishing organisations? I think probably not.

I know the easy answer is to be aware and delete them but I wish to be party to safeguarding the system. As Nelson toasted before battles. "A pox on the enemy".

So, what's the answer

Regards. Whatsisname

:)

Whatsisname, Nov 24, 2018

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 24, 2018
  3. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 24, 2018
  4. reporting phishing emails

Jsssssssss, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

reporting phishing emails

1. reporting phishing emails - Similar Threads - reporting phishing emails

2. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  3. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  4. Phishing email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Report Phishing

Report Phishing: Carlo - Could not find an email in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pro.... Would you please provide a more specific location within the link or provide the email in pieces? e.g. domain, addressee, etc. Assume it is a .com. For example:Username:...
  6. phishing emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phishing emails: I've been getting lots of emails that appear to be from Microsoft. I checked the email source info. I'm no expert but they appear to be valid. However, what the emails report or are asking are suspect. The emails will either tell me that I've changed my P/W, logged in, or...
  7. Reporting possible phishing email

Reporting possible phishing email: Bought Office 365 online. Got confirmation email. Two minutes later, I got another "confirmation email", which was clearly fake. Have seen similar discussions here, but would be great if Microsoft could help to blacklist that email address somewhere to protect others. I did...
  8. Is this a phishing email?

Is this a phishing email?: I received a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** looking official telling me I have to update my account. Sure looks phishing[Original Title: email message]...
  9. Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address: Please can you tell me the email address that where I can forward fraudulent @HOTmail.com for investigation? Thank you. 181886
  10. Report phishing email

Report phishing email: Have just received an email re "Microsoft.com Office365 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Warning: RE-ACTIVATION NOTICE! (30/07/2018) Dear Customer, We have improved our windows service agreement and privacy statement. You would be blocked from sending...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reporting phishing emails in window live mail to talktalk

2. nfib phishing email address

3. why can I not send emails to nfib phishing