Windows 10: Reporting Scam received

Discus and support Reporting Scam received in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] Received the following scam. Just want to make others aware The Voice warning kept staying if you shutdown your computer hackers will have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mtp#, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Mtp# Win User

Reporting Scam received

Reporting Scam received [​IMG]

Received the following scam. Just want to make others aware The Voice warning kept staying if you shutdown your computer hackers will have access to your information. They had me type something in the run window, then asked me to put in my name and they would provide me with a product key. I told them I was unable to do that & disconnected. Every time I tried to get back on my phone they were still on the phone even though I kept hanging up. They kept calling me back to back approx 6 times trying to get me to pick up too finish what I had started. So I shutdown my computer. Then turned it back on, disconnected the Internet by turning off the Wi-Fi and my modem & router, cleared my history, cache and other settings, shutdown my computer again, waited 10 sec, then turned my computer back on. I also change my password to get into my computer.

Do you think there is anything further I need to do?

:)

Mtp#, Sep 7, 2019

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 7, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How and to whom I report scams on my computers?

You should report all scams to the local police. They can advise you of the next step to take.

BulldogXX, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

Reporting Scam received

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam - Microsoft Security

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Reporting Scam received

1. Reporting Scam received - Similar Threads - Reporting Scam received

2. Report possible Microsoft support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report possible Microsoft support scam: So I'm reluctantly posting this because it seems impossible to talk to an actual human at Microsoft. I am trying to report a possible Microsoft support scam that appears when searching Microsoft support number on google, and judging by how difficult it is to actually talk to...
  3. Report possible Microsoft support scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report possible Microsoft support scam: So I'm reluctantly posting this because it seems impossible to talk to an actual human at Microsoft. I am trying to report a possible Microsoft support scam that appears when searching Microsoft support number on google, and judging by how difficult it is to actually talk to...
  4. To Report Microsoft Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To Report Microsoft Scam: In April 2023, we were scammed by a fake microsoft tech. We received a message on our computer that it had been hacked and we need to call the Microsoft number on the screen. We paid $615.00 to clean up the problem. However, on July 3, the message appeared on our computer...
  5. To Report Microsoft Scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To Report Microsoft Scam: In April 2023, we were scammed by a fake microsoft tech. We received a message on our computer that it had been hacked and we need to call the Microsoft number on the screen. We paid $615.00 to clean up the problem. However, on July 3, the message appeared on our computer...
  6. SCAM - this email I received today

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SCAM - this email I received today: I received this email today. I assume this is a scam. I tried to call the number but all I got was a busy signal. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you for using our services.This email is regarding your purchase of Microsoft defender. Please check below for more details of...
  7. Report Scam

Report Scam: just downloaded Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. A threat popped up saying I had been hacked. Called the number that said Microsoft...….844-532-2267...….lost call and lady named Katherine Wilson #1182 immediately called me back on 844-517-2296. Long story short, she got...
  8. Is there a link to report a scam?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a link to report a scam?: I would like to report a tech scam and found a link earlier within the Microsoft site but I can no longer find it. Can anyone direct me there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-link-to-report-a-scam/4367b9a5-d734-4fec-8c1b-d337aeadbd4b
  9. report second scam call within an hour

report second scam call within an hour: Report third scam call within an hour. The call came through as my own home phone number. The woman identified herself as Kathleen. She said my computer would be shut down within 48 hours. That my IP address had been compromised in several countries and that I was to...
  10. Internet Scam? How to report, if so.

Internet Scam? How to report, if so.: Got popup to call a # & enter code for updates. I called to verify & they said they're Microsoft Support for all software systems. I asked for Tax ID # to verify & was given #23458. THAT'S NOT A TAX ID#! Is this legit & rep just not give correct info or is this some kind of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1-858-451-4210

2. carlos encinas hack scam

3. password scam reporting