Windows 10: Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack overflow error!

Discus and support Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack overflow error! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no clue how to report bugs in Windows. Microsoft makes it exceedingly difficult to reach employees who know their stuff. My only hope is to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 3ICE, Sep 6, 2021.

1. 3ICE Win User

Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack overflow error!

I have no clue how to report bugs in Windows. Microsoft makes it exceedingly difficult to reach employees who know their stuff. My only hope is to get this post reported/escalated.Repro steps:Have a display enhancement - enabled monitor, like a laptop.sc start DisplayEnhancementServiceClick brightness control in action center notifications button in bottom right cornerChange your brightness.sc stop DisplayEnhancementServicesc disable DisplayEnhancementServiceboth required due to design flaw, disable alone fails to stop it first.Change your brightness.Observe crash in sys UI:---------------

:)

3ICE, Sep 6, 2021

2. Stack overflow at line 1.

Hi,

All programs have something called a call stack. When a program calls a function, an item is placed (pushed) on the stack. When the function returns, it's removed (popped).

Program call stack sizes are strictly limited. If you put too many calls on the stack, it will overflow.

A common way this can occur is if a recursive function (a function that calls itself) where there is a bad case or exit condition. The function will keep calling itself over and over, filling up the stack and causing the overflow.

Ok, how do I fix it?

Are you using Internet Explorer ? It's likely because that is where this most commonly occurs. As such, here are some troubleshooting steps to help to resolve this issue:

1. Reset Internet Explorer Settings

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Click
    Start > Control Panel >
    Internet Options

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click
    Reset.

4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click
    Reset.

5. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, click
    Close, and then click OK.

6. Close Internet Explorer.

This will restore the default settings for features including:

Home page, search scopes, Browsing History, Form Data, Passwords, Appearance settings, Toolbars
    and Active X controls

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

1) Suggest you run a scan for Malware

2) Turn off Notifications for every script error

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...oubleshoot-script-errors-in-internet-explorer

Smittychat., Sep 6, 2021
  3. IgorAdams Win User
    Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow

I received info on my PC when I re-start it: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow of a stack-based buffer in this application. svchost.exe

So I wrote to Bitdefender and received this answer:

Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow is a bug it means that a program writes more data to a buffer located on the stack than that is actually allocated for the buffer. It is a general programming malfunction.

This issue is with Microsoft Windows, and thus please contact Microsoft in regards to this as we can only assist with Bitdefender related issues.

I'm so worry. I don't know what to do? Need some help.

IgorAdams, Sep 6, 2021
  4. jharpj Win User

Stack overflow at line 1.

When I go to one of the news links in my MSN email app.

Stack overflow at line 1 message pops up over and over and over until I have to close the app.

Windows 10.

Could be a result of some malware as I've noticed in my Opera browser the WOT - Web of Trust extension had been disabled.

**Moved from: MSN / Using MSN.com and MSN apps / My home page**

jharpj, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack overflow error! - Similar Threads - Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack

2. Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards: Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards, using the icon on the task bar and its related pop-up list. I have several different language keyboards set up in my system. Whole system freeezes and I need to re-boot. Not possible to take a...
  3. Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards: Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards, using the icon on the task bar and its related pop-up list. I have several different language keyboards set up in my system. Whole system freeezes and I need to re-boot. Not possible to take a...
  4. This is the settings app, all tiled apps don't work, is this a "stack overflow?"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is the settings app, all tiled apps don't work, is this a "stack overflow?": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OmegaElixir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfzk8h/this_is_the_settings_app_all_tiled_apps_dont_work/
  5. Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow: I received info on my PC when I re-start it: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow of a stack-based buffer in this application. svchost.exe So I wrote to Bitdefender and received this answer: Stack-based buffer overrun/overflow is a bug it means that a program writes more...
  6. Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost.exe stack buffer overflow/overrun: Hello. Yesterday when i turned of the pc, i got this error popping off " svchost.exe The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application. " I turned on the pc...
  7. Windows 10 Crash: Driver stack overflow

Windows 10 Crash: Driver stack overflow: Another blue screen. Complaint was about driver stack: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f7 0x00006ad185ffcc73, 0x00006ad188ffcc73, 0xffff952e7700338c, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. "Overflowed stack-based buffer" error in login UI

"Overflowed stack-based buffer" error in login UI: [IMG] Windows appears to have force updated sometime today. I booted my computer up while out and about, and encountered a "stack overflow error" with explorer.EXE. I followed the following guide...
  9. ERROR MESSAGE - STACK OVERFLOW AT LINE: 20

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ERROR MESSAGE - STACK OVERFLOW AT LINE: 20: HI, I KEEP RECEIVING THIS POP UP MESSAGE "STACK OVERLOW LINE 20" WHEN I TRIED TO LOG IN MY TEAMS ACCOUNT I ALSO TRIED MICROSOFT TEAM WEB VERSION BUT STILL NO LUCK... THANKS, YNI...
  10. SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown

in Windows 10 Support
    SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown: This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error message which I can click to Close. It doesn't occur when I Sign off. In some cases it will quickly list the applications...