Windows 10: Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC

Discus and support Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a 500GB sata HDD from a replaced TIVO box that Virgin didn’t want back, which I plan to use in my PC. I Have searched for a procedure, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC

Hi
    I have a 500GB sata HDD from a replaced TIVO box that Virgin didn’t want back, which I plan to use in my PC. I Have searched for a procedure, one suggestion was to use Gparted to boot then after some selections swopping the boot disk for a HDAT2 boot disk...but someone else said that booting with UBCD. Should work. Two theories persist, one is that the HDD is Linux based, the other that the config is set for DVR operation and needs to be changed....not recognised At All in windows..

any ideas please

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 1, 2018

2. Game DVR

Sometimes, a recording doesn't end correctly. When that happens, you'll need to restart Game DVR to fix the problem. Here are the steps:

• Close the game.
    • In the search box on the Windows taskbar, enter Task manager, and then select that desktop app.
    • In Task Manager, select More details.
    • In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    • Restart the game and try recording again.

Catherine Cus., Jun 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 DVR No Audio (Whens this going to be fixed)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing us the details.

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of DVR?

Since the DVR is connected using USB, I suggest you to go to the device manager and uninstall/reinstall the DVR driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Universal serial bus to expand, right click on the
      device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the DVR driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the
    DVR driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, I recommend you to go to the DVR manufacturer website and download the latest updated DVR driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try
    installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC

1. Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC - Similar Threads - Repurpose DVR HDD

2. Repurposing an Old Mac Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Repurposing an Old Mac Monitor: I recently received an old Mac monitor for free (photos included). I was wondering how I can connect it to my LG gram 15 laptop to use it as a second monitor. I tried plugging in the USB to my laptop but it didn't work. If anyone has any experience with these kinds of...
  3. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  4. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  5. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Help Repurposing old Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Repurposing old Dell Laptop: So I'll begin by saying this is an odd post lol. I've been doing some cleaning and came upon my old Dell Studio laptop. Purchased in 2010 for college, switched to a MBP a few laters because the Dell was nothing but trouble for me. Rather than throw out a still-functioning...
  7. Xbox Game DVR on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game DVR on PC: I made it to where Chrome is registered by Xbox Game DVR in order to record something on Chrome but now I am getting a pop-up every time I open it. Is there a way to change chrome to not be registered, turn off pop-ups just for chrome or will I have to turn off pop-ups...
  8. DVR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVR: my iwatch DVR camera wont connect and displays error cant connect,i don't know what to do .thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvr/ac104892-f260-400a-907a-1d0349188184
  9. DVR IN PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVR IN PC: Why? when I activate the dvr of the computer, and when I record the previous minute when I'm going to watch the video, it loses its image it's not recording well for example in apex, when I record the above, and I see the video, the video is left with the image in white....
  10. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...