Windows 10: Repurposing an Old Mac Monitor

Discus and support Repurposing an Old Mac Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently received an old Mac monitor for free (photos included). I was wondering how I can connect it to my LG gram 15 laptop to use it as a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dachian, Sep 6, 2022.

1. dachian Win User

Repurposing an Old Mac Monitor

I recently received an old Mac monitor for free (photos included). I was wondering how I can connect it to my LG gram 15 laptop to use it as a second monitor. I tried plugging in the USB to my laptop but it didn't work. If anyone has any experience with these kinds of monitors or any leads let me know .

dachian, Sep 6, 2022

2. Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

Hi,

To address your issue with connecting a new monitor, please perform these steps:

• Plug in the old monitor.
    • Uninstall the video driver, go to Device Manager > right-click on the video driver >
      Uninstall.
    • Unplug the old monitor, then connect the new one.
    • Turn on the computer, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 6, 2022
  3. K0MB Win User
    Old monitors

ok , right click on Windows start button and click " Device manage "

Expand "monitor" and right-click on the monitor driver that doesn't work and do 'update driver'

Click on " browse for drivers on your computer " and " Let met pick from a list of avaible drivers on my computer "

Now select " Generic monitor " and NEXT.... Follow the steps.

K0MB, Sep 6, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Repurposing an Old Mac Monitor - Similar Threads - Repurposing Old Mac

2. LG Monitor and mac laptop not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Monitor and mac laptop not syncing: I have an LG monitor as my large screen attached to a mac laptop. When I open an excel spreadsheet, the file shows up on the laptop screen but not on the LG screen. How can I fix this?...
  3. LG Monitor and mac laptop not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Monitor and mac laptop not syncing: I have an LG monitor as my large screen attached to a mac laptop. When I open an excel spreadsheet, the file shows up on the laptop screen but not on the LG screen. How can I fix this?...
  4. LG Monitor and mac laptop not syncing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  6. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  7. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help Repurposing old Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Repurposing old Dell Laptop: So I'll begin by saying this is an odd post lol. I've been doing some cleaning and came upon my old Dell Studio laptop. Purchased in 2010 for college, switched to a MBP a few laters because the Dell was nothing but trouble for me. Rather than throw out a still-functioning...
  9. Old monitors

Old monitors: Is there a way to set up a second monitor that has a windows 7 driver with a monitor that has a windows 10 driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-monitors/8dc70fd0-7bb8-44c6-a31f-582a58b4d677
  10. Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC

Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC: Hi I have a 500GB sata HDD from a replaced TIVO box that Virgin didn’t want back, which I plan to use in my PC. I Have searched for a procedure, one suggestion was to use Gparted to boot then after some selections swopping the boot disk for a HDAT2 boot disk...but someone...