Windows 10: Request a replacement license key

Discus and support Request a replacement license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased Windows 10 Home and Flight Simulator 2020 to install both on an external USB for my Mac. I was unable to install FS2020 because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RichardMukamal, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Request a replacement license key

I recently purchased Windows 10 Home and Flight Simulator 2020 to install both on an external USB for my Mac. I was unable to install FS2020 because I kept getting an error message saying that my computer was unable to meet the specifications for the installation of FS 2020. I subsequently wiped out the external USB and try to install windows 10 home using Parallels. I was unable to activate windows 10 home because I already installed it on the external USB. Is there any possibility of my getting a new license key or react or allowing me to reactivate my old license key so that I can install it on my computer using parallels. I will greatly appreciate it because I really don't feel that it is worth spending $140 to get another license. Thank you and I look forward to your response.

:)

RichardMukamal, Jan 17, 2021
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that one license key is valid only for one hardware. However you can try the steps mentioned below to check if that helps. Make sure that you have the 25-alpha numeric product key (Retail version). Here are some steps that you can follow:

Step 1: Uninstall the key from your Mac (Bootcamp). To uninstall the license key, follow the steps mentioned bellow:

1. Open command prompt (search CMD on start menu) and run it as administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /upk
    3. The following command will uninstall the product key from your Bootcamp partition.

Step 2: Install the product key on new Computer.

1. Open Run (Windows Key + R) and then type: SLUI 3
    2. You will be prompted to enter the product key.
    3. Please type the product key and try to activate it.

Step 3: If step 2 does not work, then you will need to install the product key manually and perform phone activation.

1. Open Command prompt once again and run it administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Note: replace XXXXX with the product key.
    3. Once you receive a confirmation prompt that the product key has been installed.
    4. Close the Command prompt Window.
    5. Now open Run (Windows Key + R) and type SLUI 4.
    6. Then choose your country and click on Next and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jan 17, 2021
  4. wolf Win User

Request a replacement license key

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

Request a replacement license key

1. Request a replacement license key - Similar Threads - Request replacement license

2. replacing the key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing the key?: Bought a pc with what turns out to be a less than legit key for win home 10. From what I have been able to gather, I should be able to get a legit key and register it. Is there a direct site I can purchase the key I didn't find it here but... this site is freaking immense!,...
  3. replacing the key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing the key?: Bought a pc with what turns out to be a less than legit key for win home 10. From what I have been able to gather, I should be able to get a legit key and register it. Is there a direct site I can purchase the key I didn't find it here but... this site is freaking immense!,...
  4. replacing the key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license: I want to remove OEM license and replace by retail license. The reason is I'm a vendor who sells `Computer Desktop` and `Laptop` to customer. Those Computer Desktops and Laptops have OEM license but my customer just want retail license only for financial reason. So I need to...
  6. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  7. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  8. Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement: Hi all, I have an old Dell XPS laptop with what appears to be an OEM Windows 10 key that came bound to the laptop. The laptop itself has a smaller SSD, and I've recently acquired a larger SSD that I'd like to replace the old one with. If possible, I'd like to use a system...
  9. Requesting a Key

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Requesting a Key: Trying to install windows 10 TR 10041 on a Ubuntu Host using Virtual box 4.3 When it finally starts the install and you select install it comes up wanting a Key? the key provided during the download of 10041 does not work. is there any way around this? I have tried to...
  10. license key when installing AFTER HDD replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    license key when installing AFTER HDD replacement: hi, I have a lenovo 500 yoga (actually its my dads) - I don't know the history of the machine but my dad reckons it had win 10 on it. Anyway the hard drive crashed - and broke so I put him a new one in. Looked on the lenovo web site with the s/n of the laptop and it seems...