Windows 10: Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

Discus and support Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017.

1. wilspeak Win User

Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

Hello Everyone,
    I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 )
    I went through all the steps, but when I got to (step #9) where it says "open the “Select User or Group window and enter your administrator username and click on the button Check Names" .This action will automatically fill in the object name. Well that does not happen for me I keep getting a "An object (user, group, or built in security principal) with the following name>>MY NAME<< can not be found" error. Can anyone help me with this security issue?*Smile

:)

wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Windows 10 Request advice in fixing a security error.

Hi Paul,

We've tried to go through the same process from the website you've provided and can't replicate the problem.

The object name should be your "Computer Name\Administrator name".

If your computer name is PC and administrator name is
    Admin
    , the object name will be "PC\Admin".

Kindly try again with the information we provided.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Windows 10 Request advice in fixing a security error.

Hi Paul,

You can use this link to download ISO file that you may use to install or reinstall Windows 10. Just click on the
    Download Tool.

Don't hesitate to post back for further concern.

Rey Cam, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

Start CMD as admin and copy/paste:
    Code: takeown /f "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /a /r /d y icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /inheritance:r /grant:r AdministratorsRequest advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 . :(OI)(CI)F /t /c[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Feb 24, 2017
  5. wilspeak Win User
    [/quote] Hello TairikuOkami , Before open the CMD and run the command , what is this command supposed to do ? Can you please explain? Thank You

wilspeak, Feb 25, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Feb 25, 2017
  7. wilspeak Win User
    wilspeak, Feb 26, 2017
  8. wilspeak Win User

Every admin name I typed in I received that error. The screen shot included shows the exact error.
    Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 . [​IMG]

wilspeak, Feb 26, 2017
  9. wilspeak Win User
    Hello,
    TairikuOkami , I followed the instructions of another link and it WORKED Thank You. The was another link with the same instructions except .... instead of me entering the word (administrators) I was told by the other link to enter My user name which did NOT work. Then when I read your link the instructions were slightly different and now I can see my files. Thank You very much . This is the NEW link that I found, the first picture is right,

the second picture is wrong >>>>How To Access WindowsApps Folder In Windows 10
    TairikuOkami

wilspeak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 . - Similar Threads - Request advice fixing

2. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  3. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  4. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Any advice on how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any advice on how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_am_GAYdra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/et1jjn/any_advice_on_how_to_fix_this/
  6. Security Advices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Advices: Hello, I suspect that I was getting hackers attack. So I'm looking for some Advices to improve my security. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-advices/b9b7670b-ed2d-4b5b-83e0-0e1c530c3865"
  7. FIX: RDP ERROR THE FUNCTION REQUESTED IS NOT SUPPORTED

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    FIX: RDP ERROR THE FUNCTION REQUESTED IS NOT SUPPORTED: When trying to connect to a server or machine via Remote Desktop Connection you will get the below error which is strange as one would normally connect without any issues. “Remote Desktop Connection An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not...
  8. Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates: What are your thoughts about removing the Windows Anniversary Update from our computers and disabling Windows Updates? We use Windows 10 Pro on a network consisting of 8 computers in our business. Windows automatically installs updates and it causes problems with our...
  9. Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.: Hello Everyone, I use an application called (Colornote) on my Windows 10 PC. While I can't seem to find it on my computer, when I go to the Microsoft Store and go to the Colornote page it says the application is already installed on my PC. I then can open the application up...
  10. Requesting Advice On First PC Purchase

in Windows 10 Support
    Requesting Advice On First PC Purchase: Greetings all, thanks for reading my post. I'm a long time Mac user considering our first purchase of a PC laptop. I know nothing at all about the PC realm, so I'm here hoping to benefit from your experience. Buying a PC laptop is an experiment for now. We'll continue...