Windows 10: Request feedback campaign; save minutes making install media

Discus and support Request feedback campaign; save minutes making install media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First and only time I tried to use the Feedback App, the OS changed my local account to an MS account, which I don’t want to use (hadn’t memorized the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RumHound, Jul 15, 2015.

1. RumHound Win User

Request feedback campaign; save minutes making install media

First and only time I tried to use the Feedback App, the OS changed my local account to an MS account, which I don’t want to use (hadn’t memorized the password and had to reinstall the OS). Would appreciate anyone who feels similarly about these issues leaving feedback.

In IE11, restoring the title bar removed from IE9 forward, and restoring the Ctrl-Q key sequence from IE10 that displayed a page of thumbnails of all open pages, removed from IE11.

Restoring the ability to not use Windows Defender, removed as of a few builds ago.

Also, for those seeking to save a couple to several minutes (depending on one’s CPU power) converting Install.esd to installable media: press ESC when the .cmd script displays that it has begun making the .iso to leave a folder with the installation files and folder structure ready to copy to one’s prepared USB flash drive.

:)

RumHound, Jul 15, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

use the feedback hub to make (or upvote) the request.

here is a link to current request - Feedback Hub - Windows Insider

Martmcd, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

use the feedback hub to make (or upvote) the request.

here is a link to current request - https://aka.ms/Qkeret

Martmcd, Jul 15, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

You could also save even more time by just keeping the install.wim file (converted from esd) and reapplying it instead of reinstalling.

Or save yourself hours, and fully install Windows 10 + drivers + software + settings, and capturing that into a wim file. Then just "reinstall" with that image instead.

If you forget your password, you can still get into windows without reinstalling, you just have to mount the SAM registry hive, flip the administrator account to active, and fix things from there.

Hydranix, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Request feedback campaign; save minutes making install media - Similar Threads - Request feedback campaign

2. There is a request for a media installer within my media installer, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a request for a media installer within my media installer, what to do?: Recently my previous HD Got corrupted and I replaced it with a SSD. My computer reads it just fine.But there is this issue which did not come up before, my installation media, when i select install Windows 64 bits does not take me to the repair and installation screen, and...
  3. There is a request for a media installer within my media installer, what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a request for a media installer within my media installer, what to do?: Recently my previous HD Got corrupted and I replaced it with a SSD. My computer reads it just fine.But there is this issue which did not come up before, my installation media, when i select install Windows 64 bits does not take me to the repair and installation screen, and...
  4. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request: Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be...
  5. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request: Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be...
  6. They are installed but I can't play the campaign or multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    They are installed but I can't play the campaign or multiplayer: Hello good, someone knows how to solve the problem of HALOTMCC I bought it from the Windows store and it has been 5 days that it does not let me play, I deleted the game and I reinstalled it but I still get the same, so the blocked campaigns and the multiplayer also...
  7. Windows 10 diagnostik & feedback not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 diagnostik & feedback not saving: [ATTACH] Hey, (sorry for swedish) when i change it to full and close the setting windows it changes back to basic. Don't know that to do. https://preview.redd.it/i0uuhdmsk0g51.png?width=457&format=png&auto=webp&s=3a4a25e554d2930a51514738298a5f8fbe25f9d4 submitted by...
  8. NordLocker bounty campaign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NordLocker bounty campaign: I've been using NordLocker for a couple of months now to encrypt some of my important files on my Win10 PC. It seems alright I guess, hard to verify whether it actually does it job or not if none of my files get stolen. Anyway, I noticed that they're doing a bounty campaign...
  9. Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings: I just fixed the diagnostic full option being hidden via the group editor, now I can switch from basic to full but it won't save the setting and as soon as I leave the panel it will reset to basic. If anyone could help me, I really would like to change that settings so I can...
  10. BF1 Campaign Trailer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF1 Campaign Trailer: C-vAxVh8ins 65175