Windows 10: Request for advice

Discus and support Request for advice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZineBusakwe, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Request for advice

Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen.

:)

ZineBusakwe, Apr 19, 2022
  2. wilspeak Win User

Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

wilspeak, Apr 19, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

I don't get this. I tested now installing ColorNote from Store. I will not use it, uninstalled already (I don't give my Google credentials to an unknown app maker), but the app when installed was immediately found in in Start, it was shown in Taskbar when open, and it could be found in Applications folder exactly as I told in post #3.

Start:

Request for advice [​IMG]

Applications folder (shell:appsfolder) & Taskbar:

Request for advice [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

4. EdTittel Win User

Request for advice

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

Request for advice

1. Request for advice - Similar Threads - Request advice

2. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  3. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  4. Help or advice requested for moving files & all settings from an old W10s machine to new ones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help or advice requested for moving files & all settings from an old W10s machine to new ones: Good evening all,Our office is running a simple P2P network for our business software and we have it set up as a master / slave setup for this purpose. Other than O365 on both machines this is pretty much where the similarities end as the 'slave' for the business software is...
  5. Help or advice requested for moving files & all settings from an old W10s machine to new ones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help or advice requested for moving files & all settings from an old W10s machine to new ones: Good evening all,Our office is running a simple P2P network for our business software and we have it set up as a master / slave setup for this purpose. Other than O365 on both machines this is pretty much where the similarities end as the 'slave' for the business software is...
  6. Help or advice requested for moving files & all settings from an old W10s machine to new ones

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates: What are your thoughts about removing the Windows Anniversary Update from our computers and disabling Windows Updates? We use Windows 10 Pro on a network consisting of 8 computers in our business. Windows automatically installs updates and it causes problems with our...
  8. Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.: Hello Everyone, I use an application called (Colornote) on my Windows 10 PC. While I can't seem to find it on my computer, when I go to the Microsoft Store and go to the Colornote page it says the application is already installed on my PC. I then can open the application up...
  9. Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

in Windows 10 Support
    Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .: Hello Everyone, I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 ) I went through all the steps, but when I got to (step #9) where it says "open the “Select...
  10. Requesting Advice On First PC Purchase

in Windows 10 Support
    Requesting Advice On First PC Purchase: Greetings all, thanks for reading my post. I'm a long time Mac user considering our first purchase of a PC laptop. I know nothing at all about the PC realm, so I'm here hoping to benefit from your experience. Buying a PC laptop is an experiment for now. We'll continue...