Windows 10: Request for Assistance

Discus and support Request for Assistance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a stupid thing. I got carried away, saving a bunch of files to the desktop and without noting this, my desktop filled to capacity and beyond!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larry323, Dec 13, 2016.

1. larry323 Win User

Request for Assistance

I did a stupid thing. I got carried away, saving a bunch of files to the desktop and without noting this, my desktop filled to capacity and beyond!!

I there any way to cause a 2d desktop to be created and those file icons that are currently off screen, to be populated to the 2d desktop screen? If not, any suggestions on how to have routine access to those files?

In any event, at a minimum would like to establish a 2d desktop screen and is there a way to access the files that are currently off screen so that I can manually transfer them to the 2d desktop.

:)

larry323, Dec 13, 2016
  2. cramz Win User

assistance request for lost mobile

Can you give assistance on locating a lost mobile? I can provide necessary documents for validation and procedures.

cramz, Dec 13, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    assistance request for lost mobile

We..the Users (this being an User-to-User Forum) or even Nokia can't do anything in this regard.

Refer
    THIS

farby, Dec 13, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Request for Assistance

Unless I'm mis-reading your intentions, all you have to do is hit This PC/Desktop and all your files will be listed there. I never advise storing files on your desktop, as if they get accidentally deleted or lost in a OS reset or reinstall, they're GONE. Put them in the appropriate Documents, Music, etc folders and send the shortcuts to the desktop.
    To add a 2nd desktop, click the task view icon next to Cortana in the taskbar and there will be all open windows on your desktop with a +Desktop icon in the lower R corner. Drag some of the files from the Desktop folder to the 2nd one to clear some room on the main one. Or, organize your stuff into folders !

mrgeek, Dec 13, 2016
  5. larry323 Win User
    Mr Geek:

Thanks for your prompt assistance, problem solved!!

larry323, Dec 14, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Welcome, glad it was an easy one

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Request for Assistance

1. Request for Assistance - Similar Threads - Request Assistance

2. WHEA Logger ID1 - no dumps - no error logs - just a data string.... - Requesting assistance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger ID1 - no dumps - no error logs - just a data string.... - Requesting assistance...: Hey, been though the roundabout with this issue...Ever since I purchased a HP Elite mini 900 G8 i7 12700T processor it has been randomly crashing. with no correlation to application, CPU temperature, OS.HP have replaced the m/b twice, processor once and the entire machine...
  3. WHEA Logger ID1 - no dumps - no error logs - just a data string.... - Requesting assistance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Logger ID1 - no dumps - no error logs - just a data string.... - Requesting assistance...: Hey, been though the roundabout with this issue...Ever since I purchased a HP Elite mini 900 G8 i7 12700T processor it has been randomly crashing. with no correlation to application, CPU temperature, OS.HP have replaced the m/b twice, processor once and the entire machine...
  4. PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request

PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request: Hello- I am just learning to work with PowerShell. I believe I have updated my computer to 7.3.6. Unfortunately, the computer keeps bringing up the Windows PowerShell & says, "Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows." Just...
  5. PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request: Hello- I am just learning to work with PowerShell. I believe I have updated my computer to 7.3.6. Unfortunately, the computer keeps bringing up the Windows PowerShell & says, "Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows." Just...
  6. Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving an issue I am facing related to Windows Defender Protection History. I wish to delete the history for security and privacy reasons; however, I am encountering a...
  7. Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue

Request for Assistance - Windows Defender Protection History Deletion Issue: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving an issue I am facing related to Windows Defender Protection History. I wish to delete the history for security and privacy reasons; however, I am encountering a...
  8. Quick assist application - request is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick assist application - request is not supported: when im trying to run the app im getting the error The request is not supported.steps already done1. application reinstalled2. computer restarted.3. application run with admin permissions. and still getting the error...
  9. Quick assist application - request is not supported

Quick assist application - request is not supported: when im trying to run the app im getting the error The request is not supported.steps already done1. application reinstalled2. computer restarted.3. application run with admin permissions. and still getting the error...
  10. Quick assist application - request is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade