Windows 10: request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

Discus and support request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello guys and Master Brink Is it polite to ask somebody to make a .reg file like the ones used in the tutorials and mostly written by Brink. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ivan Petrov, Jun 12, 2017.

1. request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

Hello guys and Master Brink

Is it polite to ask somebody to make a .reg file like the ones used in the tutorials and mostly written by Brink.
    It is about cleaning up the windows update history - I do this manually every patch Tuesday with the following commands from command prompt but now getting tired:

net stop wuauserv
    del %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log
    net start wuauserv

The source is from Microsoft:
    Windows updates failed, Want to delete all failed update files in - Microsoft Community

Brink, if you think it is good to have it as tutorial, please publish it, many will be happy to use it.
    Thanks

request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial [​IMG]

:)

Ivan Petrov, Jun 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 update error - Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition - Error 0x8024002d

I am having the same issue, maybe but possibly not for same reason.

With windows 8 (later 8.1), and with office 2010 on the system, I had windows update misconfigured to only update upon request. I since installed office 2013 (office 365) on the system, and uninstalled
    office 2010. I suspect at some point the office 2010 update (Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 32-Bit Edition) was downloaded to the system, but was not installed, before I unintalled office 2010.

To make things more interesting I installed windows 10 a week or so ago, but this was happening with windows 8.1 as well, and I don't think affects the core issue

Now I keep getting the annoying daily error in windows update history

Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 32-Bit Edition

Failed to install on <date>

Reading eightforums.com tutorial, I ran Disk Cleanup, but it did not show Windows Update Cleanup (I think that was what was stated in tutorial) option for cleanup.

Any ideas how to remove the downloaded update? I suppose I could reinstall office 2010, but that seems drastic.

LouMaryland, Jun 12, 2017
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR

Try clearing/deleting Update History using the script [BAT file] in this tutorial and
    reboot once more =>
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/clear-windows-update-history-in-windows-10.10401/

1. Is Update History blank/empty now?

2. Does the behavior persist now?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I shall look at it later today to see what I can do for it. *Smile

Brink, Jun 12, 2017
  5. Thank you Brink, I will be glad to see it *Biggrin

Ivan Petrov, Jun 12, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 13, 2017
  7. Thank you so much, Brink, it's working... *Thumbs

Ivan Petrov, Jun 13, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial - Similar Threads - request cleanup update

2. File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Cleanup: I'm on Windows 11, when I try to do a cleanup, I get a message "could not cleanup File History data, Element not Found" How do I get this working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-cleanup/6c0c53dc-426a-456c-b77d-656ff27f036f
  3. File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Cleanup: I'm on Windows 11, when I try to do a cleanup, I get a message "could not cleanup File History data, Element not Found" How do I get this working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-cleanup/6c0c53dc-426a-456c-b77d-656ff27f036f
  4. File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Cleanup: "Could not clean up File History data""Element not found."I'm attempting to clean up my file history however, I'm faced with that error.Cleaning up my file history would be very useful because it takes up 30% of the space on my D: drive.I've used sfc /scannow and it has...
  5. File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Cleanup: "Could not clean up File History data""Element not found."I'm attempting to clean up my file history however, I'm faced with that error.Cleaning up my file history would be very useful because it takes up 30% of the space on my D: drive.I've used sfc /scannow and it has...
  6. File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Request Help Understanding "Update History"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Request Help Understanding "Update History": Does the text "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (53)" in "Update History" mean unequivocally that 1909 is installed? [img] I would think so but I am asking for two reasons: 1) For about 5 hours today I have been staring at a blue screen which said "Working on...
  8. File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Cleanup: File History Cleanup not working, whatever version of files and folders age selected, it pops up: "Could not clean up File History data, Element not found." I have the Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. How to make the File History Cleanup work? Please advise....
  9. Encountering "Element not found" on File History Cleanup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Encountering "Element not found" on File History Cleanup: Hello all, Setting up File History here, and I am encountering an error that I wanted to post here and see if there's anyone that can assist. I am running Windows 10 2004 and setting up a clean install of File History -- meaning no folders except for one with a file in it...
  10. Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small

in Windows 10 Support
    Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small: Hi there, I'd like to request a tutorial or be guided on how to automatically change the "pin to start" icon size to the small icon size instead of it being pinned as a medium sized icon. This way instead of going to the start menu, resizing & moving icons, they get pinned...