Windows 10: Request for GPU Manufacturers To Allow Display Hotplug Detection Disable And/Or Force Video...

Discus and support Request for GPU Manufacturers To Allow Display Hotplug Detection Disable And/Or Force Video... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/yona_docova [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lbz60k/request_for_gpu_manufacturers_to_allow_display/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yona_docova, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Request for GPU Manufacturers To Allow Display Hotplug Detection Disable And/Or Force Video...

/u/yona_docova, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Zeond1987 Win User

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Feb 3, 2021
  3. JED
    jed Win User
    My 3 GPU Outputs Don't Detect Displays

Lasz,

I connected it with the DVI to DVI connection (DVI is on the nonresponsive mobo) and it shows up in Catalyst as "TV, Disabled". I have Force TV detection on. When I flip to the RGB/DVI input on the TV, it detects nothing. Am I missing a step?

4. Request for GPU Manufacturers To Allow Display Hotplug Detection Disable And/Or Force Video...

GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Request for GPU Manufacturers To Allow Display Hotplug Detection Disable And/Or Force Video...

1. Request for GPU Manufacturers To Allow Display Hotplug Detection Disable And/Or Force Video... - Similar Threads - Request GPU Manufacturers

2. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  3. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  4. Displayport Hotplug Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displayport Hotplug Detection: Anyone knows when the fix for Displayport Hotplug Detection will be come out for regular Windows 10 PCs? submitted by /u/Nostromo74 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/q8j83y/displayport_hotplug_detection/
  5. Good brands of GPU manufacturers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good brands of GPU manufacturers: Hey can someone please help me?I want to know like what are some of the best GPU manufacturers out there?I know that there is no supply of GPU right now But when there is a supply of GPU I would like to know some Good brands that manufacture GPUs of AMD and NVIDIA.Also I've...
  6. Disable a request

in Cortana
    Disable a request: Tried to get a 2nn email account Failed!! Part of the way there, then a problem. Microsoft said they would send a text to disable set up and return to my original settings, not received. Please how do I contact them as I do not want to lose my Outlook set up?...
  7. Disabled all Video Display Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled all Video Display Drivers: In an attempt to try to get an application working I turned off all of my video display drivers without knowing what it would do. I planned to turn them back on again, but as soon as I turned them both off my screen went black. I’ve tried using all of the keyboard restarts,...
  8. Way to force display to run on laptop's NVIDIA GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to force display to run on laptop's NVIDIA GPU?: Simply, is there a way to get Windows to run the integrated display off of the NVIDIA (or other added GPU) rather than the iGPU? Currently trying to get OBS to display capture without having to run it on the iGPU and consequently hammer its performance, and I am not seeing a...
  9. How to disable display detection on Display Port connection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable display detection on Display Port connection?: Hi, I do have the following setup: Two PCs connected via KVM switch to two 2K LCDs. The problem: Every time I switch to the second PC and back, all windows are gathered on the main/left screen and sometimes all the icons a scrambled. Is there any possibility at all to...
  10. How to identify the manufacturer of popup update requests?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to identify the manufacturer of popup update requests?: I get frequent popup update requests at lower right of screen. Only one of these is identifiable: Macrium I assumed all the others were M$. But yesterday, I clicked on an unknown popup, using a long stick and wearing a gas mask, in case I was infected. The popup was from...