Windows 10: Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network

Discus and support Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs running WIN 10 Home version (version 10.0.18362 Build 18362- 64 bit). Also, on the recommendation of my local cable company repair man, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjs94704, Mar 26, 2020.

1. sjs94704 Win User

Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network

I have 2 PCs running WIN 10 Home version (version 10.0.18362 Build 18362- 64 bit). Also, on the recommendation of my local cable company repair man, I got a NETGEAR Nighthawk 1750 router for the purpose of file sharing and the ability for both PCs to maximize the speed of my cable modem.

My current issue is that I have a Microsoft Assure account and had them set up both PCs so that ALL drives can share ALL files back and forth. However, Microsoft has issued a couple of updates and there have been other reasons as well that I needed to re-start my PCs. However, when I did that, the file sharing of each PCs drives were no longer connected.

So, I am totally new to doing any kind of network setup myself and am not totally familiar with all the terminology of networking. I do know the concept of what is needed.

I am interested to see if someone can suggest software that I can get that will help me better manage the network to ensure a stable connection and re-connection when the need to re-start either PC comes up.

Ideas?

:)

sjs94704, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network

Setting up a small business network

The EASIEST first step is to give ONE PC some SHARED FOLDERS. All the other PCs can see that. Then you can put access protection on those folders. This is OK if your network and users dont change much.

A better solution, but requiring some time on your side to learn it, is to use a proper Server setup, with centrally managed users and AD (Active Directory) etc.

But you are OK to get started:
    1./ Plug all the machines in
    2./ Set up "folder sharing" on one of the PCs (your server)
    3./ Set Access Rights on the shared folders

lemonadesoda, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network

1. Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network - Similar Threads - Request suggestion better

2. As requested I have a suggestion box item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    As requested I have a suggestion box item: This tech at Microsoft support responded to my response he asked what idea I have for Microsoft. My idea in the suggestion box was Microsoft could have a more intuitive process, one that senses and sorts filing needs automatically.I believe he asked wher I would change....
  3. Small Doubt and Request For Help

Small Doubt and Request For Help: Please see that Hyper-v is disabled Then why are these unwanted adapters shownPlease remove that PLease helo me to remove Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-doubt-and-request-for-help/3e4a058f-8a78-4ff2-837f-1aefa1560d46
  4. Small Doubt and Request For Halp

Small Doubt and Request For Halp: Please see that Hyper-v is disabled Then why are these unwanted adapters shownPlease remove that PLease helo me to remove Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-doubt-and-request-for-halp/3e4a058f-8a78-4ff2-837f-1aefa1560d46
  5. Small Network Setup

Small Network Setup: I have a router and a switch. They are connected to each other. I have 3 computers: C1, C2, C3. C1 connects to router via wireless. C2 and C3 connects to switch. Some computers use fixed IP. I can use Windows Explorer shared folder to connect between C2 and C3. I...
  6. PC Suggestion?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Suggestion?: Hey guys, I need help. I am looking to buy a PC, with roughly these features: A Windows PC With like at least 8 GB ram With 256 GB storage I don't need a big screen Something I can use to run: Blender(3d animation software), Adobe After Effects(video editing software) and...
  7. Small Network/Workgroup

Small Network/Workgroup: How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-networkworkgroup/352296a6-51d4-43fc-b293-0b50ec215846
  8. enhanced WiFi management suggestions

enhanced WiFi management suggestions: One thing that has always (in every OS) vexed me is that I can't automate WiFi management, nor easily identify when/where a remembered connection was added. I'd love to see: AP Nicknames: to a connection (SSID: FreeHotelWiFi, nickname: Seattle Airport Hotel) Geo-limited:...
  9. Suggestions for a better file/favorites manager.

in Browsers and Email
    Suggestions for a better file/favorites manager.: I really need a good file manger that can help me keep my favorites folder current and up to date. I've been using Windows going all the way back to Dos days. While I have used and even like other browsers, I have an issue where I NEED to use Windows Explorer or now Windows...
  10. Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network

Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network: Hi guys, bit of a problem with my homegroup on my windows 10 network... I've got 3 windows 10 pc's, named "DavePC" (mine - windows 10 64bit Pro) "MediaCentre" (media centre - windows 10 64 bit Home) and "ChrisPC" (wife's windows 10 64bit Home). DavePC can't join the...