Windows 10: Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and...

Discus and support Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am big fan of Microsoft service, my huge request to team Microsoft to provide Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gaurav Sahare, May 3, 2019.

1. Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and...

I am big fan of Microsoft service, my huge request to team Microsoft to provide Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and standalone Windows Store for download on your official website. Because the main reason is when we perform windows update, then it takes much time, some updates are to large, some updates are not actually necessary according to device manufacturer and product compatibility.

The big problem is NO OPTION IS AVAILABLE TO UPDATE ONLY "SPECIFIC THINKS OR UPDATES" ON SYSTEM UPDATE OPTION. That's why Microsoft got bad reputation in this case.

I don't like to waste much Internet bandwidth, some updates destroying hardware compatibity even when we buy new computer or laptop.

If Microsoft provides these thinks offline with independent feedback or bug report option, then we can help to improve to make your product better.

:)

Gaurav Sahare, May 3, 2019

2. Windows Defender - Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated

First you need to update your WD virus definitions manually if the Windows Update and WD client itself fails by downloading and installing the latest definitions from the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

Next you need to perform a Offline Scan with Windows Defender, it reboots your PC and takes about 10 minutes.

Now Windows Update will work again and keep your PC and Windows Defender upto date.

Thank me later Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and... :)

legalfiction, May 3, 2019
  3. Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.223.307.0) - Error

I got nearly the same error but with another Definition KB2267602 (Definition 1.223.314.0)

In my case, there are much more services offline than only defender. Don't know if it is critical, but when reading how the services are called, I m not sure:

Windows....

• ... Defender Service
    • ... Defender Network Inspection Service
    • ... Encryption Provider Host Service
    • ... Error Reporting Service
    • ... Event Collector

Furthermore I also received a "Virus" message from Windows 10 which disappeared again.

Greetings

better-call-max, May 3, 2019
  4. Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and...

Andre Da Costa, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and...

1. Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and... - Similar Threads - Request Defender standalone

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  4. Definitions update is not work on "Windows Defender Offline"

Definitions update is not work on "Windows Defender Offline": The "Windows Defender Offline"WDO definitions update is not work on my company's PC. Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 Hardware: Physical internet connection: None Situation: All of USB port has broken, and has the CD/DVD optical drive only. Reference: Help protect my PC with...
  5. Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan: Hi !Although no threats were found, The log of Defender Offline scan indicates the following missing definitions :WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'C:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing...
  6. Microsoft Defender Virus Definitions

Microsoft Defender Virus Definitions: Does Windows Defender contain virus definitions for Mac, so that if I scan a file on windows that has malware targeting Mac, it will detect it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-virus-definitions/3ecfc677-1756-4a54-be56-d0b7992b46ee
  7. windows defender virus definition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender virus definition: Have upate from windows 7 to windows 10. When trying to update my Virus and spyware definitions it shows me internet or network security problems. However all other windows updates are working fine, except for which i suspect is part of the problem the following. Security...
  8. Windows Defender Offline for Windows 8.1 won't update spyware and virus definitions, and...

Windows Defender Offline for Windows 8.1 won't update spyware and virus definitions, and...: in attempting to run windows defender offline for a windows 8.1 PC I received a message saying" the app requires up-to-date virus and spyware definitions". When ...I click update it says connection failed. ...and I can't run the scan. What is going on? error code 0x80072ee7...
  9. Windows defender virus definition bug

Windows defender virus definition bug: I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days, Windows defender has started identifying the installer as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl . This is true of previously published...
  10. Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.

Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.: Windows Defender is giving me the error code - 0x80240016.. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-not-downloading-virus-definitions/d37f3158-cc91-4efe-b8d6-99ffa06ba509