Windows 10: Request Help Understanding "Update History"

Discus and support Request Help Understanding "Update History" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does the text "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (53)" in "Update History" mean unequivocally that 1909 is installed? [img] I would think so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bob12603, Aug 16, 2020.

1. bob12603 Win User

Request Help Understanding "Update History"

Does the text "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (53)" in "Update History" mean unequivocally that 1909 is installed?
    Request Help Understanding "Update History" [​IMG]

I would think so but I am asking for two reasons: 1) For about 5 hours today I have been staring at a blue screen which said "Working on updates 0% / Don't turn off your PC. This will take awhile / Your PC will restart several times". So I eventually powered my laptop down, waited a few seconds, then powered it on and saw a message saying undoing installed changes (or words to that effect). It did boot all the way up and seems, so far, to be running fine. And 2) I took a look at System Summary and it says my Version is 10.0.17773 Build 17763. No mention of 1909!

Thanks, Bob

:)

bob12603, Aug 16, 2020

2. windows 10 update history not showing

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I will be glad to assist you.

Follow the steps to view updates history.

• Type check for updates in search box click enter.
    • Select advanced options.
    • Then select view your update history.
    Hope the information is helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Mr Ed Win User
    Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. Request Help Understanding "Update History" :)

Mr Ed, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 file history not backing up; event IDs 200, 201, 203, cannot recognize...

Hi Dick,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using File History.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the computer connected to domain network?
    • What all troubleshooting steps did you try apart from changing the location?
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help you to fix common File History issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-something-goes-wrong-file-history

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Request Help Understanding "Update History" - Similar Threads - Request Help Understanding

2. Help with understanding OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with understanding OneDrive: I am helping my husband clean up files on his Windows 10 laptop. The laptops hard drive has 2 partitions, a C and a D. The two partitions each seem to have their own OneDrive set up, so he has a LOT of duplicate photos. There are some photos that are on the C drive not in...
  3. Help with understanding OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with understanding OneDrive: I am helping my husband clean up files on his Windows 10 laptop. The laptops hard drive has 2 partitions, a C and a D. The two partitions each seem to have their own OneDrive set up, so he has a LOT of duplicate photos. There are some photos that are on the C drive not in...
  4. Help with understanding OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Requesting For Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requesting For Help: Sir, I Had a windows 7 Then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 But by mistake I Formatted windows 7 now I am on windows 8.1 How I can get my Windows 7 Product Key BackIF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO GET PRODUCT KEY BACK PLEASE INFORM ME...
  6. Requesting For Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Requesting For Help: Sir, I Had a windows 7 Then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 But by mistake I Formatted windows 7 now I am on windows 8.1 How I can get my Windows 7 Product Key BackIF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO GET PRODUCT KEY BACK PLEASE INFORM ME...
  7. Understanding the new Windows 10 update history experience

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding the new Windows 10 update history experience: This past October, we notified you that we were going to improve the Windows update history experience, particularly with regard to release notes. Our optimization efforts are complete and I'd like to take this opportunity to walk you through the changes and improvements. KB...
  8. Help requested controlling Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help requested controlling Updates: [Win 7 Pro x64 > Win 10 upgrade: 30 Sep.] Im trying to get control of Updates which seems to be quite a challenge in Win 10. Despite delaying Updates theyre still occurring. [img] All of the above Updates were discovered via: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security...
  9. Help me understand the Windows update function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me understand the Windows update function: Which updates does it look for? Do I need to manually update, for example, Intel drivers? Intel Serial IO Intel Management Engine Components Intel Rapid Store Technology Intel Network Connections Intel Chipset Device Software submitted by /u/Kronborg11 [link] [comments]...
  10. request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial: Hello guys and Master Brink Is it polite to ask somebody to make a .reg file like the ones used in the tutorials and mostly written by Brink. It is about cleaning up the windows update history - I do this manually every patch Tuesday with the following commands from...