Windows 10: Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration

Discus and support Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After following and verifying Acer's instructions to unlock and display their drive for partitioning access, I still cannot see the drive when booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Dec 25, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration

After following and verifying Acer's instructions to unlock and display their drive for partitioning access, I still cannot see the drive when booting with a Live Gparted USB. No one should use a single 2TB C:\ drive partition. I am really stuck. What are my options?
    It's a Windows 10 Home 2004, new laptop.

:)

ineuw, Dec 25, 2020

2. Any suggestions on ram configuration for my new laptop

Can you guys suggest me any good ram configuration for a new laptop i am planing to buy.

Sam mendez, Dec 25, 2020
  3. TAU
    Tau Win User
    Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

4. Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration

New HDD for my Laptop

Ok, I have a Lenovo T60 Laptop. I got it ~3 years ago and it's running very well. (very solid machine) I don't get to have a new laptop until next year, so I want to upgrade my current one. Specs:
    Code: 2GHz Core Duo, 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2-667, X1400M, 100GB 7200rpm HDD[/quote] I use it for school mostly. Internet, word processing, and the occasional 3D game. (Halo, BF2, RCT2) Nothing serious.

The only upgrade I could think of that's worth the money would be to upgrade the HDD. So that's what I want to upgrade. And I'm looking for speed. Here are some requirements:

Hard Drive
    • $75 Max
    • 160GB+
    • Fast
    SSD
    • $100 Max
    • Preferably 60GB+, but I can do 30GB if it's really cheap
    Notes/Concerns:
    • I'd like to have a warranty. Not necessary, but preferred.
    • Single platter hdds ROCK! (But I don't know the # of platters of 2.5in HDDs)
    • The only SSD I'm gonna get is one that's JMicron based. Is it worth it? In other words, JMicron SSD or laptop HDD?
    So any specific recommendations? Thanks! *Smile Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration :)

angelkiller, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration

1. Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration - Similar Threads - Request help Acer

2. Acer laptop crash. Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop crash. Help: Hi, i was stressing my laptop acer v3-771 cpu using cpu z and it locked me out. Now when i want to login in again it first hangs on acer log and doesn't load the hard disk nor allow me to enter the bios until i press keys on my keyboard, then it will load windows, but then it...
  3. cannot configure new computer help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot configure new computer help: Just purchased laptop last night i tried setting up my Microsoft account on my laptop. the first time i tried to put it was fine it asked the second time to configure my laptop and said the password was wrong, it was the correct password i know because i double checked i also...
  4. Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Request help with a new Acer laptop HDD configuration: After following and verifying Acer's instructions to unlock and display their drive for partitioning access, I still cannot see the drive when booting with a Live Gparted USB. No one should use a single 2TB C:\ drive partition. I am really stuck. What are my options? It's a...
  5. Setting up a new Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a new Acer Laptop: Hi, I'm quite a competent Windows 7 user and have just bought a new computer for my partner, which has Windows 10 installed. I went through all the preliminary set up routine for Windows 10 but must have opted (by mistake) to use Onedrive. I then proceeded to load MS Office...
  6. New acer laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New acer laptop: I have a new laptop and I keep getting error messages telling me to update to wjndows10, I should imagine that I have windows 10. and the system keeps blocking me from entering writing .com where I have been a member for four years . I'm 79 and what I kow about copuuters...
  7. New laptop configuration, remotely

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop configuration, remotely: I attended a MS conference a few years ago where they discussed how we can remotely configure new machines. Instead of new machines being sent to the IT group to configure, Dell/HP/etc would just send laptop to user, and when they log on, it would be remotely configured....
  8. New Acer laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Acer laptop: Good day to all. Thinking of getting a laptop for my granddaughter as a startup for her homework etc. Its a Acer Spin 1 11.6'' Convertible laptop with touch screen 4gb ram 64gb ssd.With windows 10 home and a year subscription to office 365 free. Any thoughts Please. Thanks....
  9. changing hdd in new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing hdd in new laptop: I will be getting a new laptop, I've never had one before, which has a 1tb hdd fitted. I happen to have a Samsung 500gb 850 EVO taken from a desktop that died, the ssd is fine. What are my options, can I remove the hdd and do a clean install of W10, my first choice to avoid...
  10. windows 10 help laptop acer

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 help laptop acer: Hello, I have a acer laptop, this is what happened I was watching a movie, out of nothing my cam went on for 1 sec, then i watched further, after that, a AVG screen came in, it was removing something. after that, my whole screen went dark. i tried to restart,...