Windows 10: Request webcam access - Spyware

Discus and support Request webcam access - Spyware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does Windows want to access my webcam UNNECESSARILY ? Using both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, whenever I open my Calendar or access eBay my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TCMann, Oct 4, 2020.

1. TCMann Win User

Request webcam access - Spyware

Why does Windows want to access my webcam UNNECESSARILY ?

Using both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, whenever I open my Calendar or access eBay my antivirus s/w blocks an attempt to access my webcam.

There can be no legitimate reason for such access.

Therefore it has to be assumed that Microsoft is trying to spy on users.

Browser setting are currently to Ask before any attempt use webcam but clearly Windows does not comply.

#Spyware

:)

TCMann, Oct 4, 2020

2. Webcam access requests

Hello Lori,

If an app doesn't have access to your webcam, it will request access by default.

You can check using the tutorial below to see which apps you currently have allowed or denied access to your camera, and make any needed or wanted changes.

Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Request webcam access - Spyware

Webcam access requests

I'm using Windows 10 and suddenly I'm getting a lot of requests to use my webcam. Not sure why this is happening right now. Do I have a virus?

LoriCaudill, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Request webcam access - Spyware

1. Request webcam access - Spyware - Similar Threads - Request webcam access

2. DOXE Access to Webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOXE Access to Webcam: I cannot reliably get webcam access through Edge for a program called DOXY. DOXY is a platform that permits doctors and therapists to meet together for professional, medical sessions online. I'm using a completely up-to-date Windows 10 Pro PC. This has been going on for...
  3. DOXE Access to Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOXE Access to Webcam: I cannot reliably get webcam access through Edge for a program called DOXE. DOXE is a platform that permits doctors and therapists to meet together for professional, medical sessions online. I'm using a completely up-to-date Windows 10 Pro PC. This has been going on for...
  4. DOXE Access to Webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    DOXE Access to Webcam: I cannot reliably get webcam access through Edge for a program called DOXE. DOXE is a platform that permits doctors and therapists to meet together for professional, medical sessions online. I'm using a completely up-to-date Windows 10 Pro PC. This has been going on for...
  5. Access to the webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to the webcam: When windows asked for the "access to the webcam" permission unfortunately, I have pressed the block button also by giving a tickmark on "Remember My Action". Now when i am opening my camera it is blocked and saying that you can change your privacy settings. But even if I...
  6. webcam access

webcam access: I cant open my camera in some apps as we are learning online. it says that we are unable to detect a webcam with you computer. I think it is due ti antivirus software but i dont know how to open it. i tried to enable the access bottom from the setting but still it is not...
  7. Accessing Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing Webcam: Hi, I am having trouble keeping the camera on so it picks up me during the conversation of a virtual session. I see my participant fine. The audio is great in both directions. When I look for every possible location to ensure the webcam is on, they are. The problem when I...
  8. Microphone and Webcam Access

Microphone and Webcam Access: Hello! My thoughts are with everyone. I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone. On Google Meet, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. the microphone and webcam connect, but my computer then tells me that they don't...
  9. Webcam access requests

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam access requests: I'm using Windows 10 and suddenly I'm getting a lot of requests to use my webcam. Not sure why this is happening right now. Do I have a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-access-requests/ec3b751a-3e9f-482f-9d1e-02f0e73866c0
  10. Webcam permission request (Skype)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam permission request (Skype): On my new hp laptop, every time I video call someone on skype, it always asks for permission to use the webcam. Before it just turned on automatically. How do i stop the permission requesting and make it turn on automatically? [img] 74840