Windows 10: Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled...

Discus and support Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zombie_Wizard999 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zombie_Wizard999, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled...

/u/Zombie_Wizard999, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled... [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled... [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 23, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 23, 2020
  4. wolf Win User

Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled...

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled...

1. Request: Why suddenly all the processes using lots of memory after restart? I uninstalled... - Similar Threads - Request Why suddenly

2. explorer.exe uses a lot of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe uses a lot of memory: Hello,I have problem with explorer.exe.Memory usage is almost 1GB. The computer freezes, it is practically unusable. I tried DISM, sfc etc." ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  3. explorer.exe uses a lot of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer.exe uses a lot of memory: Hello,I have problem with explorer.exe.Memory usage is almost 1GB. The computer freezes, it is practically unusable. I tried DISM, sfc etc." ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  4. I can't see all processes which are using my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see all processes which are using my memory: As You can see the Screenshot total memory usage is 85% but when adding up the processes' memory usage its doesn't actually add up how can I see the process using so much memory and reduce the memory usage . I have McAffe Anti - Virus installed ....
  5. I can't see all processes which are using my memory

I can't see all processes which are using my memory: As You can see the Screenshot total memory usage is 85% but when adding up the processes' memory usage its doesn't actually add up how can I see the process using so much memory and reduce the memory usage . I have McAffe Anti - Virus installed ....
  6. DWM.EXE USE A LOT OF MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM.EXE USE A LOT OF MEMORY: Hey just curious why my dwm.exe use a lot of memory?? Anyone know how to fix this. I use laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwmexe-use-a-lot-of-memory/915f52ef-9b43-405d-b011-14d6fb888a89
  7. DWM.EXE USE A LOT OF MEMORY

DWM.EXE USE A LOT OF MEMORY: Hey just curious why my dwm.exe use a lot of memory?? Anyone know how to fix this. I use laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwmexe-use-a-lot-of-memory/915f52ef-9b43-405d-b011-14d6fb888a89
  8. Why I have a lot of Windows and background processes? What apps to uninstall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why I have a lot of Windows and background processes? What apps to uninstall?: Hello, I have been using my new laptop for a few months now, and I do not know if there is stuff I need to uninstall. I am uncomfortable to see that I have a lot of background and windows processes, are these normal? I only use my laptop mainly for school purposes (anki,...
  9. Windows processes suddenly using more memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows processes suddenly using more memory: A while ago I discovered that the memory usage was already 40% without anything running on my computer (I just rebooted earlier so it should be more like 30%). I then discovered a process called Service Host: Local System using nearly 200 MB of memory, and now the Windows...
  10. Sudden restarts after upgrading memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden restarts after upgrading memory: Hi More than a month ago I upgraded my memory to 16GB from 8GB (added one stick). Since then it was working much faster and everything seemed to be ok but I experienced 3 sudden restarts of the Windows (the last one was last night, at 3am when I was asleep). I made...