Windows 10: Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question

Discus and support Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i paste files onto my desktop from another location (be it the same drive or external source), for some reason the files are defaulting their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Strike_Corps, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question

When i paste files onto my desktop from another location (be it the same drive or external source), for some reason the files are defaulting their paste to the top-right corner of my screen even if i'm pasting on the far left side. This is particularly bothersome since i have all of my game file-icons on the bottom right.

How can i remove the paste-lock and change it to free-paste? (Sorry for the weird terminology)

submitted by /u/Strike_Corps
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Strike_Corps, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

3 questions for Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the issue you are facing with the desktop.

As you have multiple issues with the desktop, let me assist you with the issues one by one.

Question 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the Desktop, right-click on an empty space.

• In the drop down options, select
      View.

• Uncheck the option: Auto arrange icons.
    Question 2:

The information provided in question 2 is not clear, so kindly answer the below question;

• About which “favorites” you are talking about
      (EDGE or WINDOWS EXPLORER or INTERNET EXPLORER)?
    Question 3:

I suggest you to refer the below link to change Adobe to open PDF files instead of Edge and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-default-programs-in-windows-10

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 5, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question

No desktop after going back from Windows 10

HI William,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• Are you unable to view the desktop?
    • Are you unable to change the desktop background?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Task Manager (Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    • Click on File and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and press click OK.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question

1. Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question - Similar Threads - Requesting Assistance Minor

2. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  3. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  4. PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request

PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request: Hello- I am just learning to work with PowerShell. I believe I have updated my computer to 7.3.6. Unfortunately, the computer keeps bringing up the Windows PowerShell & says, "Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows." Just...
  5. PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell 7.3.6 assistance request: Hello- I am just learning to work with PowerShell. I believe I have updated my computer to 7.3.6. Unfortunately, the computer keeps bringing up the Windows PowerShell & says, "Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows." Just...
  6. Seeking Assistance on the request below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Assistance on the request below: svchost 524 A request to write to the file "C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles\Sum\Svc.log" at offset 1077248 0x0000000000107000 for 4096 0x00001000 bytes has not completed for 36 seconds. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for...
  7. Seeking Assistance on the request below

Seeking Assistance on the request below: svchost 524 A request to write to the file "C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles\Sum\Svc.log" at offset 1077248 0x0000000000107000 for 4096 0x00001000 bytes has not completed for 36 seconds. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for...
  8. Minor Bug On Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor Bug On Desktop: Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that the Folder icons is not updated. Usually, when I put something into a folder, it would automatically update the icon to tell...
  9. Minor Feature Request - Sign-in switch with keyboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Minor Feature Request - Sign-in switch with keyboard: Current Functionality If during last login fingerprint was used, the user needs to click in Sign-in Options and then select PIN Pad or Password before they can login. Change Requested If a key on the keyboard is pressed, the last mode of Sign-in option should appear and...
  10. Request for Assistance

in Windows 10 Support
    Request for Assistance: I did a stupid thing. I got carried away, saving a bunch of files to the desktop and without noting this, my desktop filled to capacity and beyond!! I there any way to cause a 2d desktop to be created and those file icons that are currently off screen, to be populated to...