Windows 10: Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents

Discus and support Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a ridiculous waste of time to have to constantly re-set the view to "List". Please find a way to make the List View the default for all docs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Meganwind, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Meganwind Win User

Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents

This is a ridiculous waste of time to have to constantly re-set the view to "List". Please find a way to make the List View the default for all docs and files.

:)

Meganwind, Feb 8, 2021

2. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

Here's how to change the default view for all folders of the same type (e.g. Documents)

1. First, change the layout to any folder of the Document-type to List View.
    2. Then open the "Change folder and search options" (in the View tab on the explorer window), then go to the view tab there.
    3. Finally choose "Apply to folders." Click Yes, and the List View will then be applied to all folders of the same type
    Picture-type folders will not be affected by changes made to other folder types.

GamertagCC, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    Making "list" default view for file explorer

Open a folder in File Explorer, click the View tab and click list in the view ribbon:

Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents [​IMG]

Still on the View ribbon, click Options and Change folder and search options, and in the folder options view tab, click the Apply to folders button then OK, and Yes on the dialog that pops up:
    Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents [​IMG]

Then all your file folders will look similar, until you choose a different option.

Fafhrd, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents

1. Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents - Similar Threads - Requesting default option

2. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  3. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  4. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  5. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  6. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10: How do you set the default windows view to list? I've seen similar posts but like other users the default list view does not seem to stick [instead details view always comes back]....
  7. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  8. file explorer view options

file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  9. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...
  10. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271