Windows 10: Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver

Discus and support Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying unsuccessfully to display my heic format photos in the photos screensaver. I have installed the heif/heic image extension below, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BroMacK, Feb 11, 2021.

1. BroMacK Win User

Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver

Hi, I am trying unsuccessfully to display my heic format photos in the photos screensaver. I have installed the heif/heic image extension below, but when the screensaver tries to display an heic format photo, it just has the generic mountain thumbnail rather than showing the picture. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or know of a screensaver that will support heic photos?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-extensions/9pmmsr1cgpwg?activetab=pivotRequesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver :eek:verviewtab

:)

BroMacK, Feb 11, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver :)

terrace, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Photo does not display HEIC files

Hello, my name is Arif Ahmed, Windows Advisor.

I would be happy to help you.

Windows 10 Photos app does not support HEIC codec format.

Please download and install this HEIC image extension.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PMMS...

ArifAhmed2, Feb 11, 2021
  4. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver - Similar Threads - Requesting HEIC support

2. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  3. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  4. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Photo app to support HEIC/HEIF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo app to support HEIC/HEIF: Since ios 11 started to send photo format .heic or .heif High Efficiency Image File, now Windows devices can't open in native photo app which has .heic or .heif extentionEven those these HEIF Image Extensions should be able to open the photo, but getting the messageBoth HEIF...
  6. Microsoft Photo app to support HEIC/HEIF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo app to support HEIC/HEIF: Since ios 11 started to send photo format .heic or .heif High Efficiency Image File, now Windows devices can't open in native photo app which has .heic or .heif extentionEven those these HEIF Image Extensions should be able to open the photo, but getting the messageBoth HEIF...
  7. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEIC photos: How to view and download codecs on Windows. The computer says I own it but won't download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-photos/da1b3de8-29c2-4717-8577-db94adcb688b
  8. No photos screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    No photos screensaver: This seems to have happened since the last Windows update. I had a photo set as 'wallpaper' or background but also had a screensaver which showed photos from my photo gallery - each one for a few seconds. But I cant seem to set this up now. Any help appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Viewing HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Viewing HEIC photos: Looking for some tech advice. Long story short, I was forced to factory reset my iPhone, however the most recent backup was corrupted. I was able to salvage my photos through a 3rd party app. All 9000 or so photos are on a folder on my desktop. I downloaded an extension (the...
  10. heic photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    heic photos: Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg. 6 of about 600...