Windows 10: Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back

Discus and support Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so a while ago a accidentally synced a OneDrive account to my pc which I did not want, and then removed it. For some reason, it left my Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Undisclosed_2081, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back

Hello, so a while ago a accidentally synced a OneDrive account to my pc which I did not want, and then removed it. For some reason, it left my Desktop folder which is usually left in C:/Users/Username, but it was where my once-synced OneDrive was. So I went into properties and changed its location back to username which, looking back it now was a stupid idea to do and I should've left it alone. It replaced my User folder with the Desktop icon and label, while still having all my original files from my user. It has put all my Username files onto my desktop. I have put my VM in the same situat

:)

Undisclosed_2081, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 1, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 1, 2021
  4. EdTittel Win User

Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back

1. Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back - Similar Threads - Requesting help moving

2. OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...: Hey all! I'm sure this is a common issue, but I can't fix it. I need my Documents folder and Pictures folder to not be in %USERPROFILE%/OneDrive. How do I fix this? Lots of things I have on my computer rely on the default filepath and I don't want to change every program to...
  3. Unable to move files in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move files in Windows: I cannot move files from one location to another on the computer. Just idles with a little circle going round and round. ***Modified title from: file moving ***...
  4. Moving a File From WindowsApps

Moving a File From WindowsApps: My computer has a small C drive and a large D drive. I have a 40GB file folder that I'm trying to move over to my D: drive. Problem: It is a WindowsApp installed through the Microsoft Store, and I cannot seem to change that install directory. A ton of weird problems with...
  5. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  6. Need help moving files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help moving files: Good morning, I have recently started with a new company and I need to move user network access forms into folders with their respective name. The problem is the names that are used for the files all have a different t however the naming convention. However, they all do have...
  7. Moving Files

Moving Files: I have 5/6 test results saved in a file. How do I attach these to my Gmail text to send to a Doctor? Thanks I could do it on W7 but don't seem to be able to do it on W10. Thanks...
  8. Unable to move .ogg files

Unable to move .ogg files: After updating Windows 10, whenever I try to do anything to any file with a .ogg, .oga, or .ogx extension (and possibly more things related to .ogg I haven't tried yet), Windows Explorer just stalls forever. I can't open them to be played in VLC, move them anywhere, or even...
  9. App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back

in Windows 10 Support
    App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back: All installed apps on my pc were shown as icons with description in a docking bar on the left side my start screen when I left clicked the windows icon on my taskbar. Now when I click that icon, I just get two icons at top left "pinned apps" and "all apps". When I click on...
  10. Moving files from Users

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from Users: Hello! I found that I had a lot of duplication on my pc. I had pictures under Windows/Users and the same under Our Photos (D*Smile I moved the pictures under Windows/Users to the Our Photos (D*Smile I now find in File Explorer I have D:/ and Our Photos (D*Smile Can I...