Windows 10: Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so...

Discus and support Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Purchased a new computer. When I open File Explorer, all of my files appear almost too small to read them. When I open a file folder, all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BLLxP, Apr 21, 2019.

1. BLLxP Win User

Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so...

Purchased a new computer. When I open File Explorer, all of my files appear almost too small to read them. When I open a file folder, all of the files appear the same way. This situation applies to all of my software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The font is very small and the task bar is very small. It also applies to my Yahoo account. Can anyone help?

:)

BLLxP, Apr 21, 2019

2. Installing several font files at once.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Select Fonts and copy all the fonts to this folder.
    • Restart your computer.
    • This will help you.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 21, 2019
  3. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so...

Presenting the All New TechPowerUp

The new font choices are a step backwards IMO. And an example of bad consumer choices over quality. Why? The font selection is designed to maximise the amount of text on a consumer TFT which is 1080 and 27". The font might be readable on a grossed up display. But for those with hi-pixel density, this particular font does not play well with cleartype or with font scaling (120 dpi fonts). Going back would be a step in the right direction. However, if TPU is no longer enthusiast, but consumerist, then I guess it fits TPU's new target market! :shadedshu

lemonadesoda, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so...

1. Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so... - Similar Threads - Requesting help files

2. My Font Folder is not showing all 40k Fonts on Windows 11 New Computer HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Font Folder is not showing all 40k Fonts on Windows 11 New Computer HELP!!!!: I recently got a new computer that has Windows 11. I previously had a 5 five year old computer that had windows 10. I saved all 40k fonts on a western digital passport in a folder. If i plug the external hard drive to another computer windows 10 the folder with the fonts...
  3. My Font Folder is not showing all 40k Fonts on Windows 11 New Computer HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Font Folder is not showing all 40k Fonts on Windows 11 New Computer HELP!!!!: I recently got a new computer that has Windows 11. I previously had a 5 five year old computer that had windows 10. I saved all 40k fonts on a western digital passport in a folder. If i plug the external hard drive to another computer windows 10 the folder with the fonts...
  4. So now I have to buy a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So now I have to buy a new computer?: You guys are messing me up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-now-i-have-to-buy-a-new-computer/a8544b0c-a607-4e0e-8910-43a940a1e65e
  5. File explorer - any way to make more readable

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer - any way to make more readable: Hi folks Is there any way to make file explorer more readable with better fonts etc -- just compare Windows XP and current W10 virtual machines -- IMO the XP one is a zillion times more readable etc. [img] Cheers jimbo 173857
  6. New computer asked me to make a new user. Now I've lost all my files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer asked me to make a new user. Now I've lost all my files.: Hello all, hope you can help me in these dark times. I've been using my new MSI desktop for about a week now for editing video projects for a side job I have. This morning, my computer asked me to make a new user profile, which I thought was weird because I already set one...
  7. Readable File Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  8. mircosoft remoted into my computer and now my font is small..HELP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mircosoft remoted into my computer and now my font is small..HELP: I was working on my computer this morning and it locked up, a Microsoft 800 number came up to call. they remote in to my computer and ran scan and than wanted to sell me a fire wall for $299.00 or one for 499.00 when I refused he hung up , it took awhile to end the remote...
  9. my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?: my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/my-file-is-not-readable-how-do-i-change-it-so-i/da93c09e-466e-427a-bf5d-b811c82224bb
  10. How to make tab names readable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make tab names readable?: The tab names are black on a dark grey background. Almost impossible to read. Also some of the images are dark blue on the dark grey. Does anyone care about making them visible?...