Windows 10: Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page

Discus and support Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My husband's company's wifi network for drivers he's a truck driver, this is the network used for entertainment by drivers at the home terminal uses a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KetLyon, Apr 23, 2021.

1. KetLyon Win User

Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page

My husband's company's wifi network for drivers he's a truck driver, this is the network used for entertainment by drivers at the home terminal uses a login page for network access. This works fine on our Android phones but my laptop requests a Network Security Key. I can't even move past the Network Security Key box to try to trigger the login splash page for access. How do I get around this or teach Windows 10 how to properly recognize the network type?

:)

KetLyon, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Security Key

Some tentative suggestions -
    1 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for a WiFi network?
    2 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for your router's Admin functions that is controlling your WiFi network?
    3 Perhaps you mean your Windows user account login 'password' or a 'PIN' that you have set it up to accept instead?

Denis

3. d44ve Win User
    network security

Netgear Wireless Router Setup and Security
    The use of wireless routers and access points is allowed on the Lycoming College Resnet. If you do plan on setting up a wireless router it is your responsibility to properly configure and secure your wireless router for both your own personal privacy and overall network stability. On this page you will find instructions on how to properly setup your wireless router.

Netgear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router
    Begin setup of your Netgear Wireless Router by first reading the instructions in the included manual, and following their guidelines for plugging in and initializing the access point. The first few steps in this guide should coincide with the information found in the manual, however we will follow up with important information on how to secure your wireless access point.
    After powering up the router, use an ethernet cable to connect your computer to one of the ports on it marked 1 through 4. Next open a web browser window on the connected computer and type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press enter. This will take you to the Netgear Smart Wizard welcome page, click OK to begin the configuration. The router will attempt to detect the type of connection you have and the next message you receive should be Dynamic IP (DHCP) Detected, click Next once you see this.
    Next you will enable the wireless capability of your router. In the dropdown box for the region where you are located select United States from the list. On this screen you should also change the Wireless Network Name (SSID) from its default value to something unique so that your Base Station will not be confused with another. Click Next.
    You should now see a message confirming that your connection is working and wireless is enabled. However, your are not secured yet. Read the notes and click Done. Then direct your browser to Router Login to continue the configuration. A window will pop up prompting you for your login and password, enter admin for the username and password for the password, then click OK.

Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page [​IMG]

Accessing the router settings through a web browser.

Once you have logged in you will see the main configuration page (shown above). Now click on the Wireless Settings at the left of the page. In order to password protect your wireless network select the WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) option under the Security Options and then under the Security Encryption (WEP) section that appears, select 128 bit next to Encryption Strength. Choose a password between 6 and 8 characters and type it into the Passphrase box under the Security Encryption (WEP) Key heading. Then click Generate. Finally click Apply. You may also select WPA encryption, however not all network cards support this, so check your documentation first.
    Next look for the Advanced section heading on the left side of the page and click on this Wireless Settings section. Disable the SSID broadcast option by unchecking the second box in this section and then click on the Setup Access List button.
    On this page (seen below) check the box to Turn Access Control On and click on the Apply button to save this setting.
    Now click on the Add button, this will display a Wireless Card Entry heading. This is where you will choose a name and enter a MAC Address, also known as Physical Address, for each computer that you will be using to connect to your wireless network. If you don't know how to get this information follow the steps here. Once you have finished, click the Apply button.

Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page [​IMG]

Creating an Access Control List will prevent unauthorized computers from using your connection.

Finally click on the Set Password link on the left of the page under the Maintenance heading. Change the default password for accessing your wireless router setup pages by first typing the old one, password, into the appropriate field and then entering a new one into the New Password field and confirming it. This should be a different password than the one you setup for WEP encryption, but should also be at least 6 to 8 characters in length. Click the Apply button.

Your Netgear Wireless Router is now secure.

d44ve, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page

network security key - wifi password

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Do you have any third party security program installed on the computer?

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Internet Connections”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Network Adapter”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may
      select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:

Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

(applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

You may also refer the article below:

No wireless networks are available after you upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page

1. Requesting Network Security Key for WiFi network using login page - Similar Threads - Requesting Network Security

2. Windows 10 network security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 network security key: Cannot connect to wifi via desktop wirelessWhen security key is entered it says “Some information has changed…Wifi works on other devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-network-security-key/7810132b-0022-46a9-babb-4df16e92655c
  3. Windows 10 network security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network security key: Cannot connect to wifi via desktop wirelessWhen security key is entered it says “Some information has changed…Wifi works on other devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-network-security-key/7810132b-0022-46a9-babb-4df16e92655c
  4. The network security key is not correct

The network security key is not correct: Hi.. after resetting my laptop dell inspiron 3557 i7 7 gen I am not able to connect to my WiFi it shows incorrect security key while I enter the password I have searched for the issue on google and updated all of my drivers as specially network related drivers. but I...
  5. network security key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    network security key: How do I find my network security key for wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-security-key/d8ccc05e-2820-4818-bfaf-6f099e0c9ee6"
  6. Network Security Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network Security Key: Where do I find the Network Security Key for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-security-key/70ed833f-2421-4a7f-bcf6-0f423fdfaa5b"
  7. NETWORK SECURITY KEY

NETWORK SECURITY KEY: Where can I find the "Network Security Key" as when trying to link an alternative WIFI "booster" its asking for yhe key data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-security-key/9c50a1b5-ab7b-41bb-aca2-36b7dd7fb7d9
  8. Network security key is not same as wifi password help

Network security key is not same as wifi password help: So for a few days now I have been trying to connect my phone to the wifi, I do not know the wifi password. I have the network security key as I have a computer admin account. From everything I have read it seems in most cases the network security key is the same as the...
  9. Sharing Network Security Key

Sharing Network Security Key: Hello everyone. I wish to connect my computer to a wireless router. Unfortunately, I don't not know the password for the wireless router. While I do know how to reset the password, other people will no longer be able to connect to the router, if I were to change the password....
  10. Network Security Key

Network Security Key: I have forgotten my network security key, all of the info I find points me to connections, wireless properties, etc..... This does not match my updated Windows 10. Does anyone have the procedures for the latest updated Windows 10? 34074