Windows 10: Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10

Discus and support Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I apologize in advance. I cannot get to my desktop to get the version number. After a recent update, my HP All in one is asking me for a PIN... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bob8506, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Bob8506 Win User

Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10

Hello, I apologize in advance. I cannot get to my desktop to get the version number. After a recent update, my HP All in one is asking me for a PIN instead of the password I usually use. I never set up a PIN. After entering the PIN too many times it is asking me to enter A1B2C3 in the dialog box. When I do, it asks me for a PIN. Any help resetting this so I can get to my desktop is greatly appreciated. I tried to uninstall the update but it gave me a message that it could not be done. Thanks in advance for your help

:)

Bob8506, Jun 4, 2021

2. Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10

Try to change to password here:

Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10

pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10

1. Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Requesting PIN update

2. Windows 11 pin request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  3. Windows 11 pin request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  4. request a way to remove PIN of windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    request a way to remove PIN of windows 10: I need to remove any password and PIN when I want to enter my PC, but when I remove the PIN from my windows and restart. Windows 10 asks me to enter my password to Hotmail; when I do that, windows 10 asks me to create a PIN again. This process works infinitely. Please help me...
  5. request a way to remove PIN of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    request a way to remove PIN of windows 10: I need to remove any password and PIN when I want to enter my PC, but when I remove the PIN from my windows and restart. Windows 10 asks me to enter my password to Hotmail; when I do that, windows 10 asks me to create a PIN again. This process works infinitely. Please help me...
  6. request a way to remove PIN of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Requesting PIN after update to Windows 10: Hello, I apologize in advance. I cannot get to my desktop to get the version number. After a recent update, my HP All in one is asking me for a PIN instead of the password I usually use. I never set up a PIN. After entering the PIN too many times it is asking me to enter...
  8. Rejected PIN # after requesting change of sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Rejected PIN # after requesting change of sign in: I am unable to sign in after changing PIN #on my laptop; even original password to sign in was not accepted. Now I am unable to access account. I've established signing in from another tower PC but I wish to access the laptop. How do I resolve this situation with the rejected...
  9. windows 10 activation request after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation request after update: i recently updated my windows to the latest version which was active before, for a while it kept on popping up "your windows licence expires soon". Now its requesting activation, what,s the reason for this...
  10. Windows 10 PIN request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN request: After the latest update, after I boot up and before I log on, Windows asks me to create a PIN. Is this request legitimate? Can I turn this off? This is a PC without touchscreen or camera for facial recognition....